Well that wasn’t the news I wanted

• 18 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Ok had scan last night. Just had a meeting with the consultant and the news isn’t great. There is progression in the tumour at T5 & T6 vertebrae and new progression possibly at T10 vertebrae and new progression at T11 T12 L1 L2 L3 & L4. Plan going forward is radio therapy followed by a new stronger drug regime which will have stronger side effects. 

I’ve had better days to be fair. 

• Yeah getting mild pain so nothing bad at the moment onwards and sideways as they say

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Thanks for all the messages everyone onwards and sideways is the new way forward apparently 

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

So sorry to hear that, this cancer lark is just so unpredictable!  Thankfully, you got your holiday in, just in time, and as others say, at least you can still have some treatment. 
    sending best wishes to you xx 

• Hi Richard, sorry to read your news, not what you wanted to hear. Hope the radiotherapy is over and done with quickly.

Hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Richard

i am really sorry to hear that. It’s good there is a treatment plan in place and I hope the side effects are manageable. 

best wishes 

Nigel

• Hi Richard, sorry to hear your news, I hope the RT and new drug regime do their work and the side effects are manageable. Love and hugs xxx

Sarah 

• Sorry to hear your results, but them that be have a plan for your treatment, which is good. Hope the side effects aren't to bad. Thinking of you and sending good vibes, you can do this. Big hugs Heart

• Crap news indeed Richard. So it's raining for you at the moment. The new treatment regime is hopefully perhaps the umbrella. The rain cloud can pass and you'll emerge again into the sun. Keep thinking positive big man. Adding my hugs and good wishes to Ted's lorryload.  Rainie x