Panicking as Results brought forward!!!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 28 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi 

Had really bad stomach cramps this morning, stomach/bowel still doesn’t feel right. Messaged sarcoma nurse , and they’ve brought my results date forward to this Thursday instead of next Thursday. I’m panicking so much now. 
Ive asked if they can see the results, and emailed, 6 times today and they’ve not replied. They also suggest I go in, results normally done over phone. 
worrying myself sick. Surely it can’t be back already? 
Jane xxx 

• Hold on tight Jane and try and calm down otherwise you will make yourself feel worse I know how hard it is to do but try and calm down we all get in a state I do all the time but try and relax and do something you like to do to distract you from the worry huge hugs xxx

Flippen
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Popgate

Thank you Popgate. 
    I know you’re right, I just get myself into such a state. I’ll try to calm down 

Thank you xx 

• Thursday isn’t long to wait it will be good to know where you are xxx

Best wishes let us know how it goes 

Ruth 

• You will go pop if you carry on like this. We all want the best for you but your family will be frantic if they knew how you are at the moment. Do what Popcorn says, take your mind off of things, just put the telly on and watch anything at all.

You know you've got to manage this and you can. You won't like it if I tell you off properly!

• Hi Jane, maybe they can just sense how worried you are and want to put your mind at rest. The best way to do that is show you the results, rather than a phone call? I hope that is the case.

What time are you going on Thursday? Are you seeing a consultant or just the nurse? X 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

I know, I just can’t help it. 
    I know you’re right and I will try my hardest, thank you. 
    haha I hate being told off 

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to chellesimo

Hi chelle

Yes , maybe, but I’m sure a lot of people must be like this, I wouldn’t have thought they’d see me sooner, just if I was a bit frantic Joy 

I just don’t know. 
    They have agreed to give me a phone call, and the results aren’t back yet but they’re hoping they will be. 
    Thank you

• I don’t know, my nurses are very good and will see me if I am overly anxious.
    So it’s a phone call on Thursday instead now. Think I would want to be seen to be examined. 

Hope the results are back in time x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to chellesimo

Tbh, they are good, and I just dont expect to be given any attention if I’m panicking or worried, but I guess I need to give them more credit, as they brought my scan forward, and then the results, 

I just have such a huge fear of going into the sarcoma unit, had such a bad experience last time, prognosis given etc, came out devastated, and then we had to drive home. Just want to limit visits as much as possible. 

Thank you once again 

xxx

• Hi Jane, I've been trying to reply but when I've gone to the site, it has been closed due to maintenance!

I agree with the others who are saying you will need to find a way of coping or you will make yourself and your family unhappy and miserable! I really don't want to give you a telling off but you really have to learn how to deal with this! Have you asked to speak to a Councillor? Speaking to a stranger one to one can really help. Your GP or oncologist can refer you. We all need help to cope every now and again but just think, if I had been a worrier, like you, I would have spoiled the extra time the Trial drug has given me and instead of making happy memories with my family, we would all have been stressed out and miserable.

Please don't waste energy being worried. In the long run worry does nothing good. Try to focus on something else. I do agree that your appointment has possibly been brought forward BECAUSE you are stressed out and your team won't want to deal with High Bloodpressure too! They could have had a cancellation or some other reason for bringing your appointment forward! Please make your cup half full and not half empty in future! Good luck tomorrow!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!