Hiding away!!!!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 19 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Hi 

I know I’ve kinda said this before, but does anyone else feel like they are pushing people away as it’s easier than them seeing how you feel?

I went to my parents on Friday and met my sister there too. Had lovely afternoon, but after 4 hours, I just burst into tears, it was all too much. I’m used to being at home and no one has to see me crumbling sometimes.

I don’t want them to see I’m struggling, or to ge a burden, I’m so used to being left alone and I’ve always been so independent. I feel the old jane is disappearing slowly. My mum asked the bar person on Saturday night, for the disabled key for me, for the loo , as my hips and legs aches too much and I was struggling with the stairs in there. 
It makes me feel so useless, I just hate the attention. 
My friend keeps asking to meet up and I really don’t want to. I just want to be left alone but know it’s not really fair in other people. I just can’t win. I’m not sure I even make any sense anymore!!!

love jane (trying to be strong) xxxx 

• Hi Jane I know how you are feeling I get days like that and then you get better days we all feel like it sometimes but you do get good days huge hugs xxxx

Flippen
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Popgate

Thank you popgate. I’m glad I’m not alone. I feel like a freak some days as don’t know whether I’m coming or going. I’m used to being such an organised person, but this has thrown me sideways. 
    Roll on the good days, I do get them sometimes, waiting for scan results at mo, isn’t helping. Plus twinges and pains in pelvis. 
    Anyway I’ll stop complaining, thanks again 

Jane xx

• Popgate is right Jane, good days and bad days, it is as simple as that.

In fact next time you are with company and you feel like that, tell them you get good days and bad days and just now you are experiencing a bad day. They can look at you with their mouths open or tell you they have just learned something useful.

You are not alone, plenty of us are having bad days as we speak. Go out if you want, stay in if you want, answer to no one but yourself.

In fact I have just had a post removed and it has turned my day into a bad day. Not like yours but it has left me unhappy.

You are strong, you are not hiding away, it takes a bit of strength to open up on here, keep doing it. Xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

Thank you Norberry, your words always help. 
    I just said ‘I’m having a moment’. My family were great, I just felt silly. 
    I try to do what I want but feel guilty that I should be seeing someone for coffee, I’m a massive worrier, guilty person. 

Why did you have a post removed, I’ve not seen any offensive posts from you?

Thank you. Yes it does, I’m quite a private person and hate being a drama queen 

xxx 

• Hi Jane 

you are definitely not alone. It’s less painful not to meet up a lot of the time. But hopefully your family and friends understand how difficult it can be and that you will  be able to see them on days when you feel able to. 
    best wishes 

Nigel xx

• You are entitled to cry as much as you want. Once you get used to thinking you are being silly then you will see that there's no harm done.tgen you can do that laughing and crying thing, almost fun.

No one wants to swap places with you nor indeed with any of us so stop feeling guilty.

You will never see an offensive post from me. I made a joke about women spending too much time in front of the mirror. Cancelled, as this will be when it has been run past the censor.

I but so what, don't care about me, I care about you.

We are all going to get you through and out of the other side. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to EG1

Hi Nigel 

Thank you. Yes I think they all understand, some more than others I think. 
    Exactly, I’m so up and down, I change my mind more than the weather.

Best wishes to you too 

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

And I certainly do. Cry 

Yes I do usually cry, then laugh a bit, if at my parents house. 
    Ah ok, Joy 

Thank you

Pray xx

• It is normal to cry.

Hard to keep up being. Needful for 4 hours that is a long time to visit others. I would be tired after an hour xx

Ruth 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ruthjp

It’s hard not to sometimes 

Thank you 

I think I put too much pressure on myself and expect to be the same as I was before, everyone expects me too, as I look fine. 
    Thank you xx