Marmalade

• 11 replies
  • 45 subscribers

January is when I make my marmalade for the year. Last January I wondered if it was worth bothering as my outlook was bleak, but my OH persuaded me to go ahead, and I told him who should get the jars if I didn't survive the year (he doesn't eat marmalade). Anyway here I am a year later and I have made more marmalade. I hope I'm here to make more next year! Also I hope I've made enough!

• Annette, because Mrs Tvman and I travel to Peterborough a few times a year from Stansted Airport I buy a Disabled Person's Railcard every 3 years and receive ⅓ off the price of every train ticket I buy. I always book return assistance with the train company but because I can't afford first class the disabled area is beside the toilet. Could be looked on as a good thing or a bad thing but hey ho. I'm not sure if there's a first class Disabled Railcard. Must make enquiries.

Here in Northern Ireland we receive free train and bus journeys from when we reach 60.  Unfortunately in the Republic of Ireland we have to wait until we're 65 for free travel. Once that happens we can travel across the non existent border and go free to anywhere on the "island of Ireland". 

Take care and stay safe Annette

Tvman xx

Love life and family.