Gardens and gardening 2022

• 21 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi all gardeners and non gardeners alike, we're having carrots and parsip tonight, maybe keep some for another day Joy We like 'em big in Northern Ireland

Tvman xx

• Sounds lovely we make soup from our produce as well as use as vegetables.

we are having leek and potato soup at the moment. We have an abundance of leeks xxx

Ruth 

• Hi Ruth , I didn't grow so many leeks this year. I love leek and potato soup too but only if the potatoes aren't blitzed, as my wife does it. I find it hard to stomach it that way. My mum made leek and potato soup but left potatoes in chunks and that's how I like it. 

I only used about 20% of that big leek last night, I think I'll do honey and thyme roast parsnips next. It won't be long until the warmer weather starts and root crops and leeks start to become woody although I don't have many carrots and parsnips left so it'll not be a problem for me.

Take care and stay safe Ruth

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Yes I agree I like chunks of potato as well.

roast parsnips are lovely as well xxx

Ruth 

• Love parsnips. We mash 'em with some butter and then bake in the oven until the top is crispy - nice on top of a cottage pie too. That one should keep you going for a week tvman.   Rainie x

• Oh that must have been yummy...i love veggies...and i love soup of all kinds..just not pumkin....

• Hi Gardeners and non gardeners also

Below is a photo of the first "proper" daffodil to bloom in my garden, it's not a small tête à Tete type daffodil, they have been blooming for a week or so.

Seeing the first daffodil is a great sign that the promise of Spring will be here soon. In fact today has the appeal of a Spring day, blue sky, sunshine and hardly a breath of wind.

Take care and stay safe everyone

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Uplifting when the spring flowers show themselves. We've plenty of shoots but the only things flowering atthe moment are primroses - of which we have many.   Rainie x

• Brilliant to have a daffodil.

we have snowdrops xx

Ruth 

• In the last few Days some of the bulbs we planted last year have popped their heads up, we have iris’ , crocus and snowdrops all in flower and lots of grass like stuff that will hopefully grow flowers soon so we can I’d them lol

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Oh how nice Tvman...not long to go for you all now and it will be spring!!!!!