Gardens and gardening 2022

• 21 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi all gardeners and non gardeners alike, we're having carrots and parsip tonight, maybe keep some for another day Joy We like 'em big in Northern Ireland

Tvman xx

• And you will be slipping into autumn and winter, temperatures in the low twenties celcius Joy 

Take care and stay safe Pet

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Primroses are lovely flowers Rainie

Take care and stay safe Rainie

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Lovely blossom. We are waiting to meet some here xx

Ruth 

• Smashing blooms on that shrub, Pet. Amazing when you look at the twig that supports them. 

Ruth is right, we'll soon have cherry and apple blossom, always a great show.

Take care and stay safe Pet

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  •   This is from last spring. They are cheery aren't they.  Rainie x

• Absolutely, Rainie

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • My neighbour always seems to be able to grow the most beautiful sun flowers. I wish I could take credit for the sunflowers on my profile picture, but it is actually a pathway that runs across a bottom of a church yard in Maldon in Essex. 

So I have bought some sunflower seeds to give it a go myself this year. Do I plant them now, or hold off for another few weeks. The daffodils are starting to come up in the garden, so I’m very tempted to plant now? 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Chelle, sorry but it's much too early to sow sunflowers, our climate doesn't allow for sowing them this early. 

I'd wait until the beginning of June before sowing them. How many do you want to grow? There are many varieties of sunflower, some as small as 18 inches, and different heights up to 14 ft. I can't remember the variety of sunflower I sow and unfortunately I am not at home in Northern Ireland because I am currently visiting my daughter and family who live just outside Peterborough, so I can't go out to my garage to find out. 

When I get home at the weekend I'll contact you and I'll give you a few tips. A few months ago we had a competition in the group for the tallest sunflower and modesty forbids me to let you know how I fared. There was a lady on here from the US who grew one a foot or two smaller. She was living on one of the Hawaiian Islands and moved to California to be closer to her treatment base. Unfortunately she passed away soon afterwards.

I will be in touch soon. Take care and stay safe Chelle

Tvman xx

Love life and family.