Funny cards

• 30 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Have you folks run across greeting/empathy cards by Emily McDowell for people with serious illnesses? Saw them online, thought I'd share for a laugh. Hope pics work:

Patricia

• A brilliant post Patricia and brilliant responses, thanks great laugh xxx

Sarah 

• I wonder if there is a card that says " Your looking well though " ??  One of my least favourite expressions directed to me on occasion but they mean well I suppose.

Take care, Tom.

• That is a recurring bug bear Tom!

Sarah 

• Yeah, something we just have to "live" with Sal !! lol

• I love these, they are brilliant thanks Patricia. 

Norberry happy belated birthday you don't look a day older than the last time I saw you.

Keith 

• Happy birthday Norberry!

Half the time I don't understand what you are saying, btw. What the heck is playing a blinder? Do you put stuff like that in just to stump my poor little US self? ; )

I looked it up, there is a BBC show or podcast called "The English We Speak." Very informative, I've bookmarked it, just so I can understand you. I'm going to look up white bits next.

Cheers!

Patricia

• I do indeed talk like that Patricia to my wife's disdain. I shall put an addendum to any slang I use in future!

Everyone would understand me but not necessarily use the same phrase. I had a good education but just adopted the speech of my Dad and everyone in London that I worked with.

The white bits are what is left when you remove your swimming costume after a day in the sun. So, a bit saucy there, very saucy actually.

This year the posting boundaries are to be stretched to the point of trigger warnings from the moderators, they monitor what I post so will not be surprised, we have got to have fun.

You manage successfully to have fun and education with your Son, we should have the same thing here. Xxx

• . That used to be a favourite activity as a teenager looking up rude words, be careful you never know where Norbs will send you, 

it’s these sayings that makes language rich, I work with quite a global bunch and like to here the differences in language. My favourite so far is the camel in the tent, from an Indian colleague 

• Just as well it wasn't a Coconut tree (watched Castaway last night)

Belated Happy Birthday wishes, Norberry!

Hugs, B

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Apologies Norberry, belated Happy Birthday, i`m sure you had an enjoyable day.