Reasonably priced holiday insurance

• 18 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Anyone got any recommendations I can try?  Thinking it will be hard finding this with my life expectancy.  

• Hi LInzi, I have not, and would not lie when it came to insurance. What I meant was do not use the word terminal. These days because of the new drugs available, even the oncologist's have dropped the word, in favour of incurable. They would not be giving you any treatment, trial or any kind of treatment, if they thought it had NO chance of working.

I was on a new drug trial and said I was incurable but treatable which was true. The odds were  it had a 20% chance of slowing down the cancer. I stopped the drug (due to severe side effects) in Sept 2016 after taking it for over three years and even the oncologist is surprised I am still here! No one really can say when we are going to die, even the experts. I had been given 5-7 months to live!

Of course you can apply for insurance which does not include the cancer which still covers food poisoning, lost baggage etc so maybe that would be a better option for you Norb, especially if you are staying in Europe! 

This is assuming we can go abroad which depends on Covid at the moment!

Spot on! YoungMan!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Confirming the criteria of incurable as opposed to terminal is one of the things I want to clarify before I start applying. I don’t want to miss out on trips to Europe but I am very wary about insurance policies and the small print which is the reason for my caution 

LinziR
  • Just had a quote for my planned trip. Glad i was sitting £3500 for two weeks  arghhhh

• English Riviera for you YoungMan!  Looks like we will be down there as well!

• Quotes can vary greatly.  Read about someone who was quoted £9,000 and £250 for same holiday.

• Rainieday is on the beach let's get an invite there, we have always showed gratitude for the displayed artwork.

• Just rang insurecancer.com. 01252 780 190.

questions were related to prostrate cancer and not generic. Told to ring back 4/6 weeks before travelling, sounds like the quote will be more reasonable not cheap but reasonable considering it’s the states

• Hi WishingWell.46, Yes you are correct. I was the one who got those quotes. We wanted to go to Spain for 4 weeks and the quote was £9,000. Then when I called MIA they told me if I wanted to go for 4 weeks, the quote would be in the low thousands but if we changed it to 3 weeks they could do it for £250 which included any cancer issues!

YoungMan, as you say,anyone phoning for quotes ......be seated at the time!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!