Reasonably priced holiday insurance

• 18 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Anyone got any recommendations I can try?  Thinking it will be hard finding this with my life expectancy.  

• Insurancewith were good two years ago. Used them for a cancelled cruise but they were great. Even with terminal after your name they go through everything. They just want to make sure you are unlikely to die whilst covered. Once they have assessed the risks you get a good quote. Hope you get sorted. X

• Hi Wishingwell.46 have you looked in the

travel-insurance-forum

Lots of good information there x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi WW, Quite a lot depends on where you want to go and for how long. The main thing is don't give up until you find what you want. The first time I looked for travel insurance after dx was so deflated as the first places I called said "sorry we cannot insure you". Then one quoted £9,000 ( yes 9K) which cost a lot more than our holiday in Spain. I just kept phoning. I would recommend not including the word 'terminal' in your application as there are new drugs being developed all the time.

As Chelle mentioned there are articles in this Forum with help and advice that are definitely worth a look. I have used MIA, Insurancewith, Eurotunnel and one or two more I have forgotten. 
    Good luck!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • sadly Insurancewith have not been issuing new policies for the last few months due to business changes which is a shame as their quote was very good 

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• I'm going to tell lies this year if we get a holiday in and cross my fingers for two weeks! 

• The thing I have found with travel insurance  is the wording. We may be incurable but that does not always mean we have terminal cancer. By not ticking that box in the past, it has made my cruise travel insurance much cheaper. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • I have been trying for weeks to get insurance and I don't know if its the immunotherapy or the painkillers that are the problem. I will start again on Tuesday.

Insurance with were my go to in the past but as Remoh says they aren't quoting at present

• I’m due to go to the USA in May, I’m leaving it until last minute to see if that helps, also I’m incurable and not terminal so hopes that helps

• I am thinking about taking a couple of short breaks to Europe in the spring if I continue to be stable and on current treatment so I will be looking for insurance. I just wanted to lodge a comment having seen some of the responses about not being truthful or fully disclosing health information. I would strongly suggest that this is not the right thing to do as any aspect of a claim may be declined if information provided is challenged even if this is not directly related to a claim (e.g. food poisoning not related to cancer). Any record of declined insurance is shared amongst insurers and it can have a significant impact on your status in the future which we should not have to cope with on top of the struggle with incurable cancer. 
    I am going to look for some expert advice regarding insurance and my situation before I begin any application and if I have any advice to share I will do so.  My nephew is getting married in the US in September but I would not even consider going as insurance would be far too expensive and any cover would be extremely cautious. Sad but there is a party for other people who are not able to travel. 

LinziR
  • . I agree we shouldn’t lie, I’m incurable, hormone therapy can keep my cancer at bay, even after hormone stops working there are other treatments to manage, I suppose it’s the question of when you go from incurable to terminal, for me only when all possible treatments have been exhausted and my health starts to fail will I be terminal.  Until I’m terminal I’ll do what I can to leave memories

i do hope you enjoy the party, also with various methods for live streaming