Coughing up blood

• 28 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Has anyone had this.

when on holiday yesterday I coughed and could hear fluid. Had to spit out a spoonful of blood 

it happened 4 times and then stopped . My husband got very upset. But after it stopped I have been fine.

anyone else had this?

i have a face to face appointment with my oncologist on Monday. First one since lockdown maybe I can have an X-ray of CT 

anyone else had this happen in the lung ?

• Thank you she coped better yesterday without any tablets 

Ruth 

• How annoying,

lid I hadn’t emailed them asking if my husband could attend the appointment they would not have rang me up to say my oncologist is off sick and I could have seen anyone and I would have been fed up.

i also don’t understand why they have to keep changing the names it causes confusion they have renamed all the wards at my oncology hospital for no apparent reason x

yes they should call the new one the Macmillan unit 

Ruth 

• Hi Ruth, It is infuriating to think you wouldn't have known about your onc being sick if you hadn't phoned to ask about your husband! They could have easily rung to let you know! I'm so pleased the bleeding stopped of its own accord, especially now you have to wait another week to speak to your oncologist!

Our daughter had this terrible HG during her pregnancy and was told to drink as much water as she could because the main problem is dehydration. She refused the doctor's prescription and found once she had taken in a lot of water, the sickness did settle a bit however it took some time to settle completely. It didn't affect her pregnancy at all and she went on to have a beautiful baby girl!

I hope you all enjoyed your sons visit at the weekend and enjoyed your family meal!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Thank you for the message.

i don’t know if I will get a video call or not today. I have had a text with the site to go on at 11.20 so we will see.

yes I will tell her to drink plenty of water she is struggling at the moment though coped well on Saturday . Sunday she vomited up her lunch.

she is staying strong and not taking the tablets the GP prescribed for her 

fingers crossed all be all right xx

Ruth 

• Hi Ruth, did you manage to talk to anyone yesterday ? Xx

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Thank you for your concern. I have had no more problems and I have been given an appointment for December 6th 

Ruth 

• That’s good, glad it settled, mine was like that 24 hours and then nothing xx

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • That’s good x

Ruth 

• Hi Ruth, sorry to hear you've had this scare but hope everything has calmed for you now. Was just wondering how your daughter is getting on? I remember being told by a midwife we knew to drink Raspberry Leaf Tea from the Health Food shop - that was years ago of course, but it did seem to help. Don't know if you can still get it nowadays.  Rainie x

• Thank you I am better now.

i will try and get some tea for my daughter it is so difficult for her xxx

Ruth