The irrepressible irreplaceable Simon the SiT as now left us.

• 26 replies
  • 58 subscribers

To all Simons friends, thats probably everyone on the forum, I am sorry to have to tell you, Simon passed away yesterday.

I spoke to his nursing home today to enquire after him and they were kind enough to break with procedure to let me know.

I was going to tag his special friends but that's what you all are so I hope this general post will suffice.

I thanked the the lady boss for looking after him so well, he was so happy there and they really made his time there less arduous than it might have been.

He was such a character on the forum, the funniest bloke I have ever come across, what a great pleasure it was to meet with him.

As you all know he wanted me to thank all of you every time we spoke, you all made a big difference to his life.

• Firstly well done you on getting the procedure done, great to hear no nasties were found.

Oh my days I can imagine how freaked out you must of been seeing Simon calling you.  Oh dear I shouldn’t laugh but that is funny. How wonderful to make contact with Bear. Simon would love that. 

Xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Sorry to hear about Simon we are glad we still have you to make us laugh 

good the  cystoscopy showed nothing sinister

take care xx

Ruth 

• Thank you Norberry for the update - and for your presence throughout Simon's story. Having people like you to walk alongside you makes all the difference. So glad you are now through your current ordeal and safely delivered home. Keep taking the Ribena.  Rainie x

• So sorry to hear the news, havent been on the forum for a few days. SiT was a great character, and to hang on as long as he did after moving into the hospice just showed what a tough character he was too. Sad for those of you who were close, Norbs and flippen especially. Lovely that you got to speak to Bear, weird though the phone call must have been to answer.

Thanks as ever for keeping us all updated, and glad the procedure went well.

xx

• Sorry I've just recently joined this group and didn't know the man. I'm sorry for everyone's loss, he sounds like a great character and I'm sure he will be missed by all of his friends here. Regards Frank

• Hi Frank, Thanks! Just wanted to say welcome to this group. Yes he certainly was a character and a one-of, in fact just like most of the terrific people in this amazing group!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!