The irrepressible irreplaceable Simon the SiT as now left us.

• 26 replies
  • 58 subscribers

To all Simons friends, thats probably everyone on the forum, I am sorry to have to tell you, Simon passed away yesterday.

I spoke to his nursing home today to enquire after him and they were kind enough to break with procedure to let me know.

I was going to tag his special friends but that's what you all are so I hope this general post will suffice.

I thanked the the lady boss for looking after him so well, he was so happy there and they really made his time there less arduous than it might have been.

He was such a character on the forum, the funniest bloke I have ever come across, what a great pleasure it was to meet with him.

As you all know he wanted me to thank all of you every time we spoke, you all made a big difference to his life.

• So sorry to hear this norberry. Rest in peace Simon and take care of yourself norberry. He was so helpful to everyone on here , he will be missed. Thinking of his family
    • Rrgards
    • Rose xx
  • Such sad news. Thank you for updating us.  I hope your treatment goes today 

RIP Si

• Hi Norbs, thank you so much for the news of Simon passing. I suppose it was an inevitability yet one we all hoped we would never see. What will happen to his parents I wonder but perhaps Simon has drawn up plans for that. 

We have lost another character from our community, there'll be another bright shining star in the sky. Now Norbs, please don't let Simon's passing send you to a place that none of us want to be in. You helped Simon, you helped Simon a lot, so please take care of yourself.

Take care and stay safe Norbs 

Tvman x

Love life and family.
  • Hi all. An update on Simon.

Whilst in hospital I received an email from his sister in Sweden. She said there will be no funeral as per Simons wishes but she will be coming over next week to arrange a small getogether with their parents. She wants to let us know the details as she would love everyone to spend a moment thinking of Simon at that time.

I was then able to reply passing on everyone's condolences and recounted some of the shenanigans that Simon got up to on the forum.

She was so pleased to hear that.

When I got home later today my phone rang and SiTs picture and number came up.I tentatively answered and a voice said" I bet that freaked you out" it was a lady called Bear. Simon would have weed himself with pleasure as he looked down and watched me struggle.

Simon and Bear had history going back years and she was able to be with him for the last six months.

I knew so much about her and vice versa that it was like talking to Simon. Of course she was au fait with his behaviour and said the nurses would never forget him. She wanted my address so she could tell me the details.

Another nice chat with loads of memories.

I also passed on the sad news to Mazs kids, they replied hoping the pair of them are enjoying a spiritual hug.

The rest really really doesn't matter a jot.

No dodgy things spotted in my pipes or bladder, dilation tool x 2 used to force to scarring to open up, no catheter as no damage done.

I am a true fraud but thank you for all of your good wishes. I would send a picture but the mods would be flagged, I am on such good terms with them that I wouldn't want that.

When I get the details it will be time and date only so my aforementioned chums won't get distressed at me posting confidential matters on here!

• I should say in answer to everyone's thanks to me, the Lovely Popcorn was always there to make things more obvious when I overthink.  Another shining characture defect of mine. Thanks Popcorn.  X

• Thanks for letting us know Norberry...oh he will be missed, and the naughty corner will be very empty now. I hope he will watch over us now . RIP Simon...you have been a great human. Pet

• Thanks for letting us know Norberry, Simon was a great voice on this site and your joint shenanigans were a joy. I am so happy that you can tell his family how much he was appreciated here.

Best wishes to you too Heart 

Sarah 

• Great news on your scarring / damage Norbs, congratulations. And I ended up with a catheter instead of you. Enjoy your schadenfreude, long and loud, I can take it. 

I bet that Si is laughing like a drain somewhere. 

Stuart x 

• Thank you for mentioning me in this way it means a lot to me we are a great team you and me and always will be I don't think a lot of people realised how much I was in contact with sit on his journey and supporting you as much as I can and you supporting me i will support everyone who needs me and I know you will as well xxxx

Flippen
  • Love you Poppers, thanks for everything that you do. 

Stuart x