The irrepressible irreplaceable Simon the SiT as now left us.

• 26 replies
  • 60 subscribers

To all Simons friends, thats probably everyone on the forum, I am sorry to have to tell you, Simon passed away yesterday.

I spoke to his nursing home today to enquire after him and they were kind enough to break with procedure to let me know.

I was going to tag his special friends but that's what you all are so I hope this general post will suffice.

I thanked the the lady boss for looking after him so well, he was so happy there and they really made his time there less arduous than it might have been.

He was such a character on the forum, the funniest bloke I have ever come across, what a great pleasure it was to meet with him.

As you all know he wanted me to thank all of you every time we spoke, you all made a big difference to his life.

• Oh Norberry

I am so sorry to read this, you where there for him and a great support. and i know he would have appreciated that.

He is at peace now, and on a new journey.

Thanks for letting us know.

Ellie xx

• Sad news Norberry. Like you said, a memorable character. I'm glad you were his very special friend and contact. Take care. Condolences to his family. Rainie x

• I have just replied to you by email it's devastating news you and me were his constant friends through out his journey we did all we could for him and I know he appreciated us I will miss him so much and I know you will too and everyone who knew him xxxxx

Flippen
  • So sorry to hear that he was such a character and will be missed. Thanks for letting us know and for all the updates over recent weeks. 

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Very sad to read this Norberry. I'm so sorry you have lost your dear, funny friend and he was indeed a vey funny character.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

RIP SiT  

little-fi xx

• I am very sad to hear this news. I met SiT just when he first joined the community in the lung group. From the very beginning he was so encouraging to everyone he spoke too, trying to help all the newcomers even though he was at the start of his journey himself. His apparent sense of humour only really showed itself, when he came over to the incurables, where we know it got him into trouble more than once. But that is how I will remember him, as a very caring, funny man, who will leave a very big empty seat in our group. 

RIP Simon.xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Oh Norberry, such a punch in the guts, and just as you're getting ready to face more treatment. 

Si was such a great character and we were blessed to have his humour and his wisdom in the group. 

I'm gutted, I don't know what to say. 

RIP Si. 

Norberry, you bloody well make sure that you take whatever time you need to attend to yourself. 

Much love,

Stuart x 

• Very sorry to hear this news.  May SiT rest in peace.  Take good care of yourself.

• Hi Norberry, I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. I'm sure he will be affectionately remembered by us all.

One of a kind! If I only knew where the "naughty step" was then I'd put a plaque on it! 
    I can hardly imagine how his parents will cope. 
    You had the privilege of being the one he chose as his "special friend". He would want you to look after yourself now and if you need me, I'll be here for you.

It is a very sad day!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!