Just diagnosed and freaking out

• 26 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Hi im 36 and just been diagnosed with incurable metastatic adenocarcinoma of unknown primary. Im waiting for my pet scan and i just feel so alone. I dont know what i should be doing or who to speak to. Anyway i just wanted to say hi

• Hi Gemmsy, sorry I am late in welcoming you to the group, I have not been around this week due to a very horrid flu virus that took down the household one by one. 

Annette is so right in what she has said. You will be feeling very much like you cannot touch the floor at the moment, but you will feel better once all the tests are back and you have a plan ahead. All this waiting for results leaves you in limbo with the fear of the unknown ahead, but once you get the full picture you start to feel in control again.

I was a similar age to yourself when I was first diagnosed with endometrial stromal sarcoma at the age of 39.  I was just coming up to my 5 year clear when I was told it had come back in my lungs. I had all of my tests and scans done by a respiratory doctor, who basically told me I had 6 months to live. I went into complete shock, with 3 young children and as a single parent by then, my whole world came crashing down. By the time I had got to meet my oncologist, I was a broken woman. My oncologist has been my rock. 7 years on I am still living with this incurable disease, and I I am very lucky to be in the stable group. 

This group is full of wonderful supportive people, who all have their own unique story to tell, as everyone’s journey is so different. Cancer can bring a lot of darkness, and here in this group we do get a lot of sadness at times, but there is aways light to guide you from people who know exactly what you are going through. 

xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi 

Good luck with your pet scan today Fingers crossed

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • So sorry to hear of your diagnosis Gem and I wish you all the best. I have stage 4 metastatic prostate cancer adenocarcinoma and a similar age to yourself. It's a horrible time but like everyone I'm here if you need to chat, cry or shout. Take care

Regards

Paul

"Diagnosed March 2021 at 38 years old with stage 4 metastatic prostate cancer, my journey so far is on my profile"

• Hi Gemmsy I'm sorry to be so late to welcome you to our group. I was diagnosed with incurable cancer 10 years ago and my initial treatment stopped the advance of my cancer until last year and now new treatment that wasn't even available when I was first diagnosed is hopefully going to give me even longer I know there's no cure and I know I've been incredibly lucky to survive this long but I'm the proof that there are lucky people around and maybe you will be one. I get my results on Tuesday to tell me if the new treatment I have been having is having any effect. The time from diagnosis to having a treatment plan I found to be one of the worst times and I'm glad you have good people around you. Take care and you will find there's people here to help even if you think your concerns/questions are silly. If its a worry to you then it's not silly

• Hi 

I've just read your reply to Gemmsy and I just want to wish you all the best for Tuesday and may you have many more years to live. It's amazing just what can be done these days.

Take care and stay safe Elliekate

Tvman x

Love life and family.
  • Hi Gemmsy, I just wondered how you are doing?

Hi Elliekate, It's good to know your treatment has lasted as long but I'm sorry to hear you have had to start treatment again! I do hope it works as well, if not better than the last time. Good luck with your results, please let us know how you get on. What treatment are you currently on?

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!