Liver met pain.

• 89 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Hi all. I've been having pain in my liver the last week or two. I know I have mets in my liver and have been put on letrazole and ribociclib to try and regain control. The thing is I'm getting more pain even though I have been on these drugs 3 months now. Any one else had the same effects and does this mean its not working? 

Finding it difficult to concentrate on anything else at the moment, as the pain is sharp and then goes again and I find myself waiting for the next one so I'm prepared for it., bit it still makes me jump. It's like a stabby pain. 

I hope the rest of you are all OK. 

• Yes it is quite painful.  Feel sick mist of the time too. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon. 

Lils x
  • Thinking of you Lily and sending big hugs. Hope all will be under control soon. Rainie x

• Hello. So sorry you are in pain. I am on Eribulin but not getting pain luckily . I have been advised that metformin will help and wondered if anyone else had heard this. It is a diabetes drug but it works by reducing the sugar in the liver. Not convinced so haven’t mage the decision to take yet another drug! 

• Hello all. Update on the pain,  my liver is quite swollen,  I have been given liquid morphine for breakthrough pain. The scan showed multiple lesions the biggest one being 24mm x 38mm. Looks like meds aren't working so having another scan on Monday to compare it with and see what happens, my nurse thinks my meds will need changing. I'll update you all once I know more. I hope I find you all well. X

Lils x
  • All very upsetting but hopefully they can swap your meds around and get to grips with it.

Good luck for Monday. X

• Thank you. Yes my anxiety has gone through the roof. 

I am usually quite pettite but I actually look 8 months pregnant! Haven't had a bump like this in 15 yrs. Joy

Lils x
  • Hi Lily,

This all sounds very upsetting, best wishes for your appointment tomorrow. I hope that they can sort out the right treatment for you quickly. 

Sarah 

• Hi Lils, It's no wonder you are anxious but it sounds as if your team are on top of it, so I hope they have caught it quickly and a change of meds will do the trick! Please keep us informed, you will be in my thoughts later today!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Sorry to hear this. I have also taken oramorph for  the breakthrough pain  and it does work though used to send me to sleep as well.

i have 2 liver mets 2 cm in size but no pain from my liver as yet .

Hope you feel better soon xx

Ruth 

• Update,  scan results are in and I have a appointment with the oncologist on 10th December,  the nurse on the ward called me to tell me not to go and get my tablets i am assuming they aren't working.Hopefully once they are change it will start shrinking.  

PrayPrayPray

Lils x