Interesting article

• 4 replies
  • 45 subscribers

I read this today  where else, The Guardian of course, but am sure it rings bells with lots of people.

www.theguardian.com/.../ask-philippa-i-am-dying-will-it-help-my-beloved-husband-cope-if-i-leave-notes

• I saw the article. I have prevaricated about this and decided not to leave notes or letters. Instead, I have already spoken to everyone important, and they know how I feel. 

Stuart x 

• I spoke to my OH about this, we both felt cards from beyond the grave would be a little creepy. I don't know if I would feel differently if my children were still small though.

I think I have already said on this forum that I made him a list of what housework to do when, not for when I am dead though, it's not been used.

Sarah 

• I have recently found a box with some very old DVD's which I have managed to watch. Inside the case of one of the DVD's was a note to my Dad from Mum who has now passed away.   Although it wasn't a note that my mum had written to be read after her passing, it definitely was very lovely to find it. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • That is a different thing, and lovely and evocative. I think there is a difference between finding something left and leaving things to be opened after you have gone.

I would like my family and friends to remember me when I am gone, but I want them to move forward.

Sarah