Radiotherapy

• 72 replies
  • 49 subscribers

I had the conversation with my oncologist and will start the 5 doses of treatment as soon as I can get a MRI?

There is a wait time for the MRI then I will start in 2-3 weeks.

I did feel emotional  after the conversation. My oncologist  agreed to prescribe some lorazepam to help me cope with the MRI and planning for the mask etc. I do know what it is like as I had 33 doses 10 years ago. He offered me another 33 doses which I said I didn’t want, these 5 doses are palliative to help with the headaches and slow things down . He also said my lungs are getting progressively worse. He thinks now that I have some months left but the radiotherapy will not extend my life.xx

• Thank you yes that is the hope xx

Ruth 

• Dear Ruth, I am so very glad that you managed to have your Greek holiday and a lot of happy, uplifting moments in the sunshine, I hope that whilst you are going through this treatment you'll be able to hold all those beautiful images in your mind. Let's have a virtual embrace. Big hugs Ruth.  Rainie x

• Thank you I close my eyes and think of the sea and the sun.

I have the mask fitting atb12.00 then the CT planning at 12.30.

I have the laoazepam to take and will ask if my husband can stay with me.

pill let you know how it goes x

Ruth 

• Good luck Ruth. Fingers crossed

Love life and family.
  • Good luck Ruth hope everything goes well for you xxx

Flippen
  • Hi Ruth, I just read your recent post, it is good they haven't kept you waiting.I wish you luck with the MRI as I remember how much it affects you. I usually take a CD with me as it helps me to meditate better. How about you taking a CD of sounds of the waves (they usually have them to hire free in libraries) then your sand, sun and sea images could be a lot better!

I got a phone call from my oncologist's secretary on Wednesday saying they had the CT result of my shoulder and arm and wanted me to make an appointment for Thursday or Friday! I saw her this morning when she told me there was severe inflammation where the bone meets the pin. Also osteoarthritis and has offered Radiotherapy to help with the pain. At the moment I have said I'd rather not have it and see if it settles. She is going to phone me in January to see if I have changed my mind and will arrange then for my normal MRI & CT scans for around June.

We left the hospital and drove straight to Pitlochry for a weekend break to Celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary which is tomorrow! I just never imagined I'd live to celebrate this! We have also arranged meals out with the family for the next two weekends!

Good luck Ruth, I hope ALL goes well!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Happy wedding anniversary !!!!!! wow 50 years!!!

• Happy 50th wedding anniversary, enjoy your weekend break and family celebrations Tada

Sarah 

• Enjoy your day and have a lovely weekend break. 50 years is defiysometing to celebrate.

if they are after I g you radiotherapy maybe they think it can help the pain. That is why I am having it to my head. It is unpleasant to your head as I have to have mask to wear and I feel claustrophobic. I also dread the MRI a which is next Sunday. However the machines seem to be a bit bigger now and I take a CD. The lorazepam I took for the mask fitting made me feel quite woozy and peculyso I am just goin to take one next time and see how that goes.   It definitely does help for me to take something though.

we have our son coming to stay this weekend and my daughter will be coming over to visit as well.

love Ruth xxx

Ruth 

• Thank you. It wasn’t pleasant and I am always glad when it is over. I can stop thinking about it for a week until I start the radiotherapy on the 13 th.  I have the MRI zip on the Sunday before x

Ruth