Sad farewell to the forum

• 17 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Hello all.

Some of you probably know that I become overwhelmed when we lose friends on here. 

Some of you may know I have had difficulty with the rules governing the use of the site

As a consequence of both I am leaving the forum.

Thank you all so much for all the help you have given me. 

I am due to attend a funeral soon, I will let you know how it went.

• Hi Norbs, I am sorry that you feel you can't stay here, your humour and tendency to find yourself on the naughty step eating biscuits has been a highlight for me.

It is really difficult when someone that we know and love dies, we're the incurables, but it is so hard to accept when the friends we make go before us, they have enriched our lives. I don't understand all the rules we have to abide by on the forum, especially when we want to share information about our friends.

I hope that you do find your way back, please give my condolences to the family and friends at the funeral.

Best wishes 

Sarah 

• Norberry, sorry to read this.  Take care.

• Norberry 

I am very very sad to read this.

I, like many others, I’m sure, have come to rely on you for news, encouragement, advice and humour and have not properly taken into account the pressure you must have felt. 

I really hope you can take a break from the forum and then come back and get the support you need here.

Even if you don’t come back fully please drop in now and again to let us know how you are getting on. It is too hard to lose friends we have never met.

All my best wishes to you and Mrs Norberry 

Take care of yourselves.

Patmart

• Dear Norberry I am sad to see you go, I think I understand why you feel that you need to. I take breaks from the site just because sometimes the whole thing is too difficult to manage. I hope you are alright, that you come back if you need to. Take care, x

Flowerlady x
  • Gutted to see this news Norberry and echo everything all your friends here have said. You have been such a spirit lifter with your naughty antics with SiT. But I totally understand it has taken its toll on you and you need a break. I only pop in occasionally and comment when I feel I have something positive to say. I shall miss your words of wisdom and humour.

Keep strong & best wishes

little-fi xx

• Hi sorry I have been having a break and it has helped me so much. A break might be just what you need. I felt rather guilty that I am currently no active disease and I just needed to get away from cancer for a while. I had lived, eaten and breathed cancer for a few years and I needed to find me again. Cheesy I know. I would echo others and just say, don't burn all of your bridges, there will be friends here if you need them, sometimes it does all get a bit overwhelming.

Just do what is right for you and Mrs Norbs

Nicky xx

A life lived in fear, is a life half lived.
    Nicky
  • Oh Nobs...i will so miss you. But you have to do what's right for you! Maybe, just maybe you come and have a look now and then...you know i always got some bikkies for you. Sending you a big hug...and be nice to Mrs Nobs. Love Pet