The lovely kind Maz RIP

• 16 replies
  • 54 subscribers

Hi, it is heartbreaking to let you all know that Maz, MazLC, Mazzastan passed away on Monday morning.

One of her sons emailed me but I waited for his permission before posting this sad news.

She has had all of the treatments offered and suffered such awful side effects.

She was was so normal just a few weeks ago, this was so sudden.

She and SiT were partners in crime, had the same condition and both looked after each other.

I will update you all with the arrangements as soon as I know.

• Maz is now at peace

Per Ardua Ad Astra
  • Oh no, I can hardly believe this. Maz was a lovely lady, she emailed me privately and sent me photos of herself and her sister because she (Maz), asked me to make and send her a bird feeder because her sister had a collection of bird feeders that she had in her back garden. I made it and sent it for free, explaining that I wouldn't do it for anyone else as each bird took a long time to make. 

Maz's sister sent me a hand made thank you card which will now be even more special.

Maz emailed me a few times. I'd be grateful if you could let the family know that I'm so sorry to hear about Maz's untimely death. If you would Norbs, can you try to get Maz's sister's email address so I may contact her privately. If you do manage to get it Norbs you can send me a pm please. 

I am stunned by the news, not one I expected to hear.

Tvman x

Love life and family.
  • In the short time we knew each other on the forum, I instantly picked up on strength in the face of difficulties. Lovely humour too. Will miss your input for now, take careHeartHeart..Thanks Norberry

• I'm so distraught to hear that Norbs because I was emailing Maz privately as I agreed to make one of my bird feeders for her sister. I have photos of the two of them, smiling broadly and holding the bird feeder.

Please if you could Norbs can you get a message to Maz's sister as well as the whole family that I'm so tremendously sorry for their loss and possibly if I send you my email address you could manage to get my email address to her sister? 

Thanks Norbs

Tvman x

Love life and family.
  • oh no!! I am so saddened to see this. I "Met" Maz when she first came to the community and joined the lung group. Such a lovely lady, who shared fond memories of her childhood with me, as she grew up where my other half spent his childhood holidays.

Sleep well now Maz, it was a pleasure to have known you xx  

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • really sad to hear this as she was only on here a little while back I think. Really tough for those left behind when someone goes quickly but I guess its good for the person as they didn't have a long period of intense suffering. Thoughts are with her family and friends

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Thanks Norberry, it feels brutal on here at the moment.

RIP Maz, we will think of you often.

Much love,

Stuart x 

• I cannot believe this sad news she was a fantastic support to everyone on the site another dear friend we have lost this year thanks norberry for letting us all know 

Flippen
  • Thanks Norb. She was indeed a lovely lady with a terrific sense of humour.

Galillee, it feels brutal here because this is a brutal disease! It can just get overwhelming at times like this!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • That is such sad news about a person who projected such a lovely spirit  on here. Rest in peace. Please pass on condolences to her family. Rainie x