Bucket List

• 16 replies
  • 49 subscribers

My wife and I were discussing where we would like to visit, no constraints, what would your ideal destination be, I thought Canada, although struggled to narrow down, San Francisco, Iceland and kuala lumpa (my uncle is buried there), Dublin and Edinburgh  , I’ve never been to these places.   Where would your dream location be, or even better where have you been that you would recommend. Perhaps when times are tough what location do you dream of, preferably real but imaginary will do.

• Moscow YoungMan

I went there with my son, 17 at the time, just two months before I got cancer and had the best holiday of my life. Hadn’t really been very many other places but this surpassed all my expectations.

My bucket list destination is now a trip on the Orient Express and if I am still here when Covid goes that’s where I’m going. Can you imagine the insurance??????

Ah well I can dream but you never know …..

Patmart

• I always wanted to go to Hawaii...i was nearly everywhere else...but maybe one day.....

• Borneo and rawanda. Borneo first to visit the Orangutans and hang out in the nursery. Rwanda for the mountain gorillas. 

• Always wanted to do New Orleans and las vegas. We had a 3 month tour of the states all planned and booked and cancer got me a little over a month before we were due to go so it all got cancelled. I want to return to Corfu as it was the first foreign holiday I went on with my wife and her first foreign holiday ever.   If you want peace the Maldives was lovely but nothing to do other than snorkel in a sea thats as warm as a bath.

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• I'd agree with Iceland especially if one of you has a little interest in geology. It's a fantastic place, an area being born into the earth, walking in the gap between two tectonic plates and then there are the Northern Lights. Best to go in November before the snow falls so you can see the landscape properly

.The north coast of Northern Ireland and the Giant's causeway.. 

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • We're doing the North Coast 500 in a campervan in August, then a cruise up the fjords to the North Cape in October. Fingers crossed I can stay healthy for those.

Stuart x 

• Hi Stuart

The Scottish North coast 500? I'd love to do that. Does it start in Inverness?

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • you’ve inspired me to check out the nc500

• It does start in Inverness. We've allowed 11 days so that we can go slowly and venture off piste a bit. I've yet to plan the route, but I think that going to Skye when we get round to the west coast would be rewarding, for example.

I did fancy doing it on mopeds, to make it a real adventure, but I think that's a bridge too far for my health, and we want to take the dogs of course. 

Stuart x 

• Stuart, now you’re talking. Maybe 125’s rather than mopeds, I’m not a rider but see the attraction/ adventure of it