A week of hell

• 54 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Hi everyone

From last Sunday I began to feel unwell and I became increasingly worse with shivers until unbeknown to me, she had contacted the emergency number of the cancer unit of MacMillan NI. An emergency ambulance was on its way and I was fast tracked. I was packed in ice which was not pleasant at all, to try to lower my body temperature which was 39.7, yet by today is 38. I've been diagnosed with neutropenic sepsis..I could have died 

Tvman xx

• Hi everyone

I'm still having IV antibiotics 3 times a day and roughly 20 other tablets for various purposes. I've scans and at least 1 other MRI to get so I'm being kept for a while yet. Keep as well as can be expected everyone. Lots of love to everyone and thanks a million for caring.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Oh Tvman, I've just seen this post and it's threads! What a fright you all must have had! I'm so relieved things seem to have settled a bit and you are in the right place in case anything else happens! I know none of us like to be in hospital but we are sensible and realise that sometimes it is necessary! I'm so pleased your wife acted fast, what would we do without our carers!!

I hope while you are in hospital, you let them know about the pain, especially at night and see if they can come up with any suggestions! It is always worth a try!

Stay comfortable and get plenty of rest. I do hope the Covid restrictions are such, that you are allowed visitors, at least your family! Please keep us posted. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Sorry you are still in there. Hope they let you home soon xxx

Ruth 

• What a scare, I hope they keep you safe.

Best wishes 

Sarah 

• Hi tvman. I've just seen your post after being alerted by the responses on my phone. So sorry to hear you've had this horrible scare and wishing you the very best for a speedy recovery. Now it's you that needs a big virtual hug. Get plenty of rest. RD X

• Hope you are doing well Tvman. Hope you get home soon x

Flowerlady x
  • I have a large mass on my chest that the microbiologists want me to have 10 days of strong antibiotics - I'm on day 8. Unfortunately my latest blood results show that I'm neutropenic so I have been moved to a side ward out of harm's way. It's lonely and my big mate of over 35 years had to vacate the room to let me in.We were lying in beds inthe corridor looking at each other for a few minutes, chatting and catching up. We haven't seen each other for a few months. 

I'm falling asleep a lot trying to write this so I'll say goodnight to each and every one of you and hope you all have a good night.

Take care and stay safe everyone

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Oh tvman I hope you get better soon loads of love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxxx

Flippen
  • Oh Tvman..please get better soon...sleep well...hugs

• Hi Tvman, I have just finished an intense 10 day course of antibiotics for cellulitis and thankfully it seems to have worked!

Why on earth were you lying in the corridor, that's just not right! Now I take it you have a single room! Whenever I've been in hospital, I prefer to have a single room, I don't get lonely and like my privacy. Maybe when either you or your friend can get up and about, you could visit one another and have a chat. Did you have a scan? Is that when they discovered a mass in your chest? I wonder have they given you any idea just how long you will need to stay in hospital? I hope your blood results improve soon!

I am seeing my GP on Friday as he is going to inject my right knee with cortisone to help with the pain while we are on holiday, he is also going to check my left leg as it has been unbearable recently. I think that is why my right knee is suffering because I am trying not to lean on my left leg! He is also arranging an X-ray of my shoulder as I am getting pains down my arm, chest and back. This is new as since I had a pin inserted from shoulder to elbow to save the use of my arm (due to tumours eating through the bone) I have not had any problem with it until now. Next month, I'm due my scans before seeing my oncologist in August. It seems to be one thing after another! I hope the injection works well on Friday, so we can enjoy our much awaited holiday. We leave on Sunday!

Please get as much rest as you can while in hospital, although they are difficult places to sleep as there is always a lot of comings and going! I do hope your wife and son are able to visit.

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!