Gardens and gardening 2021

• 253 replies
  • 52 subscribers

I love it when the first signs of Spring are appearing. This, apart from tête a tête daffodils, the lovely star daffodil below is my first one in the garden this year, and before St. David's Day! And a beautiful, almost cloudless, sunny day yesterday.

Take care and stay safe everyone

Tvman xx

• Hi Stuart

You can't say that on here. Waiting for the photo!Joy

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Hi everyone

Steph has now uploaded the correct image of my Malus tree in the post that she inserted for me. There's a vast difference between the two.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi Ruth

Best place in the house to sow them. I do exactly the same and then I transplant them into 3in pots individually. Don't worry about them being a little leggy, you can transplant them to the first leaves. On the stalk are found the little hairy roots which are the feeder roots. More roots will form, so more nutrition. 

The bottom roots are simply anchoring roots. Do you have a greenhouse or do you plant them outside?

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Beautiful tree Roy.  I live in a road that has cherry trees that bloom at this time of year, they are beautiful.  This morning I went for a walk in some woods and there were bluebells as far as you could see.  It was beautiful.

• Lovely picture Maz, my favourites are daffs but my wife loves bluebells .x

• Hi 

That must have been an amazing sight. It's great to go into the woods and experience nature at its best. 

There's a place just outside Belfast called Merville Garden Village and the roads are all lined with cherry blossom at this time of year, a majestic sight. I tried to copy an image and post it for you to see but it's copyrighted.

Roy xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi Roy - I will look it up xxx. My son, the gardener, has planted an apple tree in our litttle front garden. The blossom is beautiful.  It is a tiny little tree and it is amazing to see how it has blossomed.

• Beautiful bluebells

Ruth 

• Lovely bluebells, on my regular dog walk they are starting to look lovely too

Sarah 

• We only have a small plastic one where some may go later. Some will have to go outside.

meanwjile we have put indicators ones in small pots and they are on window ledges 

Ruth