VACCINATION DAY

• 102 replies
  • 55 subscribers

Hi all, I've just been invited to have the vaccination on Sunday, I'm waiting for a call back from my CNS to ensure that it is safe to have, I must admit I'm pretty nervous about it but let's wait and see???

Had bloods this morning the nurse was brilliant straight in 2 vials of blood no bruising Grinning .  full bloods, liver function, bones which is a new one to me so if anyone knows please share, and then the usual CA19, I have a phone consultation next Friday with my oncologist for the results so everything is crossed till then.

On another note the badgers have been coming up not as many just the odd 1-2 but the little darlings have been digging up my new bulbs, so yesterday had to replant and then again this morning don't you just love them.

Glad people liked the photo, we're trying to take as many as possible it's amazing how different we see the world since I was diagnosed, so there will be more photos to follow, I'm starting my own online art gallery, POA. Grinning

Stay safe stay positive

xx

• I've said before that my veins hide when I go for blood tests. I had to go once a week for bloods when it was discovered that I have haemachromatosis (colloquially called iron overload) and my ferritin level was dangerously high. That was at a local hospital and the nurses always gave me water to drink.

Now when I go for blood to be taken at my local surgery I drink a lot of water beforehand, bring water with me, strap a hot water bottle to my arm (suggested by the.surgery manager to warn my arm!) and get taken indoors instead of having blood taken in the car. Only thing is, I drink lots of water and the toilet in the surgery is unfortunately closed these days!

Take care and stay safe everyone

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • I had my vaccination today, my oncologist told me it would be best in my treatment free week, but I could have it earlier if necessary. So far no side effects. 

Re bloods, so far my veins have been fine, I have a PICC, but just use it for stuff going in. The chemotherapy infusion has been much more comfortable via the Picc. 

Sarah 

• Hi all, yes had vaccination, quick painless and I'm still her

e

e

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

HAHA stay safe stay positive

xx

Smiley catDevon cat

when nothing goes right go left.

• Well had my first Astra Zeneca vaccine. Very efficient NHS set up . Havent turned into a lizard yet, and I didnt get any chips with it. Feel I might have been short changed.

• Congratulations, If you do turn into a lizard, David Icke will give you a job so not all bad news! 

• No NO, he doesnt like the Lizards.

• How quickly I have become old and confused. There is some good news though, I used to keep reptiles and I did like my lizards. Clean, never answered back and slept for half the year. Oh for a wife like that!

• Had my astra zeneca vaccination today - all seems fine so far.  They did say to continue staying home and staying safe as the chemo may make it less effective- still, if it offers some protection that has gotta be good news.

I woke up this morning - result!!

• Must be a nice feeling and a big relief to all you lucky ones.

• I agree - well done!

It takes three weeks to become effective...

Stay Strong

SiT