VACCINATION DAY

• 102 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Hi all, I've just been invited to have the vaccination on Sunday, I'm waiting for a call back from my CNS to ensure that it is safe to have, I must admit I'm pretty nervous about it but let's wait and see???

Had bloods this morning the nurse was brilliant straight in 2 vials of blood no bruising Grinning .  full bloods, liver function, bones which is a new one to me so if anyone knows please share, and then the usual CA19, I have a phone consultation next Friday with my oncologist for the results so everything is crossed till then.

On another note the badgers have been coming up not as many just the odd 1-2 but the little darlings have been digging up my new bulbs, so yesterday had to replant and then again this morning don't you just love them.

Glad people liked the photo, we're trying to take as many as possible it's amazing how different we see the world since I was diagnosed, so there will be more photos to follow, I'm starting my own online art gallery, POA. Grinning

Stay safe stay positive

xx

• Hiya DC

Great news - I have discussed viability with my own onc and he says, for me at least, absolutely get the vaccine - just waiting for the call...

Isn't it odd that little victories like finding a viable vein count for so much now??? I am like, Yayayyyyyyy!!! even at 2 or 3 goes... Hahaha

Stay Strong

SiT

• Hi Devon Cat, You go for it, what have you got to loose!!  Regarding liver function bloods, I've been having that one since the start. It's just a precaution when we are taking a lot of drugs as they can qaffect the liver sometimes  so better to be safe than sorry!

Yes bloods got easily are a real bonus. I think my veins see the needle coming.....then hide! If they get it quickly, i celebrate! 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • I have completely flat veins but have found a trick that works all of the time.

Say to the nurse that she will have trouble getting the blood out and there it is, two minutes, done.

Say nothing, and ten minutes later, loads of bruises, no blood, other nurses called and told why didn't you say it would be difficult.!

• Bones blood test, is that the test to see calcium level in the blood which tellshow your bones are affected

As for blood test i always ensure i drink loads before, indeed take flask water with me, consequently with pc desperate for the loo

• Re the veins thing - they have given up with me now and I am having a picc put in on 3rd Feb immediately before chemo.  My arms are black and blue and the bruises stay from one chemo to the next.  I must admit to being a bit apprehensive as to how this picc thing will work.

I woke up this morning - result!!

• I had blood taken yesterday at my GPs ( I live in South Gloucestershire ) and the nurse said they are not doing the clinically vulnerable group 4  yet just the over 75s at the moment.  so it will be another 2 weeks  until I get a letter. My brother lives in Harrow and has had his letter and he is in group 4. I think it depends where you live 

Ruth 

• Hi Youngman, not sure what test was the letter I gave to the nurse stated what bloods required and one of them was bones so thanks for answering I thought that's what it was but just needed to ask as the the nurse at the Dr' surgery didn't know why as she doesn't really know what's going on only what's on my notes, 

xx

Smiley catDevon cat

when nothing goes right go left.

• Hi MazLC,

I also had a picc line for chemo, I did get a blood clot but that was sorted very quickly, so I had to have a picc line in the other arm and it was fine, makes everything so much easier having bloods and chemo just hook you up and away you go, easy peasy lemon squeasy, you'll be absolutely fine.

xx

Smiley catDevon cat

when nothing goes right go left.

• Thanks Devon cat xxx

I woke up this morning - result!!

• Hi Norberry, I'm afraid this had the oppisite effect when I saidthe veins were difficult to find, the nurse paniced and I could actually see her hands shake when she had the needle in her hand. I say nothing but still there is only one person who gets my blood first time. She's the GP Surgery's Nurse Practitioner and unfortunately she is leaving at the end of the month to be a Community Sister in the next village to ours!

I've to go back on Tuesday for another blood test and it's her day off!

My husband had his Covid Vaccination Saturday morning and was fine until the evening when his arm got very sore. I hopemitmis fine in the morning. He gets the second one in about 4 weeks time. He works part timemin the GP Out Of Hours Service. 

I hope you get yours later Devon Cat and it goes smoothly!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!