Advice wanted

• 68 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Hi all

Had problems w site and then ended up in hospital w kidney stone!!  At least not cancer related .. so not been on site for a while.

I finished my chemo and saw my consultant on Wednesday last week after a Pet Scan she said that the I had had very good response only one tumour in my liver which has not responded otherwise I am clear.  She said that the MDT discussed resecting the tumour as it is on the surface and easily accessible which would give me a good prognosis - years rather than months.  If there had been a medical reason I would have been disappointed but would have understood but I cannot get my head round his attitude. 

My oncologist still thinks resection is my only hope - no other treatments and no trials available as they are unlikely to start until sometime next year because of covid.  She has suggested a further scan in 6 weeks with a view to asking liver consultant to reconsider but to me 6 weeks is a long time and with covid they may well have stopped surgery again.  Any ideas??

x