Recent upgrade, update please.

• 41 replies
  • 56 subscribers
Dear MacMillan,
I intend to post this as an open question in the incurables group on the MacMillan site as well as e mailing you about it.
Since the upgrade to the site a number of members continue to struggle to access the site.  Several of these are my friends and I am in the fortunate position that I can contact them outside of the site but I know that they are missing the community.  Members of the group rely upon the site to be able to access support, keep up to date with how others are doing and offer the benefit of their own experiences.  I know that for me it has become the first place I would look for advice and support about my cancer that I could not access via my oncology team.
I expect that it impacts upon all groups but I do feel that the lack of contact is particularly difficult in the incurables group whose common ground is that they will not get better and where a significant number of members die each year.  I hope that you are in contact with these members who are struggling to access the site but do know that some members feel like they are getting nowhere.  I find it upsetting to think that there are members out there who are facing death but not easily able to access the community.
I would be grateful if you could explain to the rest of us who have managed to access the site, what you are doing to resolve these issues and how long you think it will be before these issues are sorted and we can again talk to all our friends.
Thank you,
Gragon.
  • Hi Dance in the rain 

I read your post that I had a notification of and read another one or two then thought I would reply to you so when I went back to the original message and clicked on it, lo and behold there was young man's reply to Gragon, instead of yours. I then went to the online reply and there was a message from Maybug that I knew nothing about. 

I am just hanging on by a thread, I'm losing the will to carry on with this site. I'm down, very much down. I'm not receiving notifications for many posts. It's so disjointed, this has been going on for many weeks now. Who is working on the site? The tech team? How many people is that, are any of the admin team members of the tech team? I shudder to think what would happen if this horror show was in the banking domain, the banking system would have ground to a halt! There is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Does anyone "working" on the site have to answer to anyone? People are deserting the groups hand over fist and we don't have any proper response as to the progress which is unacceptably slow, even non existent. The site seems to be unravelling slowly in front of us and there are far far too many members affected. As someone said, and I'm so sorry that I can't remember who, there are a few facing death who can't get in touch with friends, it's very very sad, but what can we do? 

Tvman 

Love life and family.
  • It took 15 minutes to send the above! 

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback, Gragon, and everyone who’s taken the time to comment here.

We are not where we had hoped to be with the site upgrade and we know there are a number of bugs and issues which are impacting a lot of our members just now.

The fixes and resolutions are taking longer than we had hoped to fix but we have been reassured that our tech teams are working through these as fast as they can.

I’m sorry to hear that some people are still struggling to get on to the site. We are not aware of any particular issues which are stopping users from logging in. We would be really keen to hear from anyone who is struggling to get logged in so we can help resolve this. I wonder, Gragon, when you next speak to someone who’s having issues getting logged on, if you could ask them to reach out to us directly, on our email address (community@macmillan.org.uk) as that way, we’ll best be able to help them.

We have put together an update for the Community, which also includes the results from our recent survey. We are hoping to post this later today or tomorrow.

I have also noted some feedback within this thread about the ‘related content’ widget which suggests content for users. I’m so sorry to read that this has caused any upset or distress as this is certainly not our intention. I have removed the widget from this group and we are looking to find an alternative solution for this group in particular. If you have any suggestions or recommendations on what you would like to see there, please do let us know.  

We have received an incredible amount of feedback from our users and we are really grateful for this. It helps us to demonstrate the impact these issues are having on our members and please be assured we are escalating all feedback.

The upgrade isn’t quite where we had hoped it to be by this stage but myself and the Community team are committed to getting this right and we are doing everything we can to ensure we are capturing and escalating all issues.

I hope this allays some of your concerns but if you have any further feedback, or you’d like to discuss any of this further then please do let us know. We are always happy to talk things through, either via email or over the phone.

Best wishes,

Ellen
    Macmillan Community Team

Best wishes,

Ellen
    Macmillan Community Team

•   This has been nearly 2 months now, you need a new tech team by the sound of it. The new upgrade, as it was supposed to be,, i did every thing you told me to do and still the same.

Cannot log in on first go takes two or three try, and its not just me, so every one cannot be wrong. It has caused some much stress for every one, so will it take another 2 months.

• Hi ,

I'm so sorry to hear the frustration this is causing you. I have sent you an email in the hopes I'm able to help you with the logging in issue you're experiencing. 

Best wishes,

Ellen

Best wishes,

Ellen
    Macmillan Community Team

• Would it be possible to remove the related section from the lung group as well please. My friends in that group have said how upsetting this is on there also. Would be appreciated. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi tv man.   Funnily enough it was a reply to one of your posts which I tried to reply to a few days ago that got lost.  
    one does feel helpless and just can’t be bothered with another ‘fight’! But please stay I might not contribute that much but I do love your posts and your always so quick to ‘welcome’ people to the group.  
    Also do you have any news regarding Daloni? Xx

• Hi Dance in the rain

Thank you, I can feel the warmth in your message and it feels good. It's very welcomeSlight smile

As for Daloni, the last I heard was that she was sleeping a lot, but not in pain. I'm glad of that.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi , yes of course we can. I'll go in and make the changes now. 

Best wishes,

Ellen

Best wishes,

Ellen
    Macmillan Community Team

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

I’m pleased you could feel the warmth.

Hiooe the weather is as glorious with you as it is here just what we need to help us all along