dont know where to start

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 32 replies
  • 50 subscribers

ive been on here for awhile but don't join in as unsure im a help to anyone, but I would like some advice, long story short (or I will try to make it short)  journey started with melanoma, 2017. all going good for just on two years then scan shows tumour in armpit and lungs 2019, put on dab/tram December 2019, all going ok until two weeks ago when tommy tumour in armpit reared his ugly head, sent for emergency scan last Tuesday, get phone call Thursday to say now spread to brain, and they will ring me again this coming Tuesday, partner fell to bits, Im in shock, tried to ask about what treatment I can have and was told they don't know,  thanks in advance for any answer if anyone can give me advice  Max

• Hi Annette

Wouldn't I love to meet some of the sadistic, cane waving so called teachers now Slight smile

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • . A number of years ago I had some stress related issues, I was teaching at the time!!! the most therapeutic thing was walking somewhere quiet, remote and screaming my frustrations and stresses away. Bottling things up doesn’t help. I’d walk about two miles quickly getting my heart rate up then away from everyone I would scream and shout, initially I’d walk back a lot calmer.

I’m glad there wasn’t anyone around, or perhaps they ran hearing me.

Life has given us a bum deal. There are times to feel sorry for yourself and what might be, this might be that time for you. We then need to move on and make the most of what we do have. As my religious parents would say, count your blessings one by one and it will surprise you.

we must acknowledge all our feelings but not dwell on them.

I also had some pretty sadistic teachers, one had lost an arm, he would come around the class and for no reason squeeze boys in pressure points, needless to say I didn’t learn much, I was too anxious checking where he was rather than concentrating on my work.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi Tvman,

my  horrible teacher I got expelled , I had a teacher throw a blackboard duster at me in class one day, I caught it before it hit me and instinct took over and slung it straight back but he'd turned back to write on board and the duster hit him in the back of his head and bumped the front of his head into the blackboard, so off I'm sent to headmaster, ( now you need to understand this was when girls could still be caned, also in Australia), so I was offered six of the best he could give, first swing let it hit second swing caught cane and broke it , so he gets another cane out , I looked at him he looked at me and told me I was expelled and to get off school property, which I did and I never went back to school again, I was 14 years old. I was a wild child but not a bad child, 

•   Some teachers were bang out of order. Don't blame you for your actions.

I remember one teacher slapped a girl across the face (assault) all my instincts was to stand up and challenge her but to my shame I didn't. I lost all respect for that teacher and that was my first year in comprehensive. 

• What a horrible experience for you.

when I was at primary school the teachers used to pull the boys socks down and slap their legs as well as rapping their knuckles with a ruler 

I was never hit because I was a girl but it frightened me 

best wishes 

Ruth 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ruthjp

So, Max you will be now reassured as you have now actual experiences from actual Pembro users. 

Regarding discussions on Teachers, we also need to think from their perspective. They have to deal with a lot difficult children. We all know how difficult children can be. Also, just like any other profession there will be some from very good to not so good. 

•   re teachers. It just shows how much we've changed as a society that teacher violence was accepted and is no longer.just a few experiences show the negative impact their actions had.

Understand the difficulties of teachers, i taught maths. However I do have memories of good teachers as well.

Nice distraction however for a  while reminiscing. Hope everyone is able to enjoy the nice weather and lighter nights

• Sorry, I think I went off topic with that memory jogger, I should say, good things also come from bad examples, it made me want to be a teacher, but be a better one. I didn’t teach maths though I taught PE until I changed to the civil service where I trained staff among other jobs. 

Immunotherarapy Pembrolizumab - are you any further along with a treatment plan and start date? Do let us all know and if you’ve any questions is seems like there’s loads of people wanting to help in any way they can, personal experience or nice distractions while your in that limbo period.

best wishes

Take care KT

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to KTatHome

Hi Darling,( sorry the okker in me coming out, we call everyone darling or darl that we class as friends)

Yes had a phone call late this afternoon, saying im booked in for 9th June, have to go to drs and have bloods done on the 5th,  they also sent me a video to watch and are sending me information pack by mail

, im going to a clean hospital, not my normal NHS hospital, the lady on the phone was lovely, said if I have any questions between then and now I can ring her anytime, so for now mind has stopped over thinking as got a date , 

Ill read information pack, and will get back to you all with any questions, 

thank you Max xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to YoungMan

I had some wonderful teachers,

but this teacher and I got off on the wrong foot from day one  (he was a Maths teacher lol) he was straight out of college and tried to be the hard man, he was in the wrong school for that, where I went to school was very rough,

the first day of his class he picked on my friend and I stood up for her , from then on he didn't like me , 

I wasn't a bad child but I stuck up for myself and my friends , im the same now, I hate to see people bullied