The Homecoming

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 83 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi! 

I feel like it’s time to change the record. Thank you, my lovely friends, for the sympathy, the laughs and the silliness in the bad news discussion. But it’s time! I’ve got the green light from the consultant to go home. Onwards and upwards. 

The next steps for me are managing the transition in the pain control and getting some R&R. I expect a phone call from my consultant oncologist today to talk about a course of palliative chemo. It’s not something I’m looking forward to but if she believes it will bring more good than harm I’ll go with it. 

I’ll stop now. I’m very tired and poking thud tiny little phone keyboard is doing my head in 

My love to you all. I wish you peace and comfort 

xx

• Hi I laughed out loud at your post! That's just the way I feel sometimes! I love it! X

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi I'm relieved if they say this was a panic attack but I didn't know you could have a pa while asleep as you were because you said your daughter had to wake you. Does that not seem more like you having a high temperature, especially with the hallucinations etc anyway, you learn something new every day! At least it's just a quick stop at the hospital this time I hope. Terrific that the palliative team are now on board properly and I hope they get your pain under control!

I am assuming you are fast asleep now, at lease I hope so, Monday starts another week, let's hope it's a better week for all! Take Care 

Love Annette x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

So glad you're home and co affordable,  

I hope you manage to stay there this time.

X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

That should be comfortable! My eyes are so blurred from steroids that, even though I proofread everything, I miss some real howlers.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi Annette 

I was asleep and had been peacefully since 9.30 but woke about 1am. It was the best, most peaceful, refreshing sleep I’ve had in a long time and I feel more coming on. 

You’re quite right about panic attacks. It clearly wasn’t a panic attack, but I was in a panic if you see the difference. My big girl has also been very cross with me for thinking about it in that way. She says I have absolutely no insight whatsoever and it was a horrible emergency. So there. I should really stop minimising things.

My big girl has also been very cross with me for thinking about it in that way. She says I have absolutely no insight whatsoever and it was a horrible emergency. So there. I should really stop minimising things.

Right. Off to sleep now. I do hope you’re able to get some more sleep too

Lots of love 

xx

• Hi ,

It's a shame the pubs are closed at the moment as I would imagine you could win any drinking competition if you are knocking back shots of oxynorm.

love and hugs,

Gragon xx

• Oh this picture is the best thing I have seen in ages!!!!!!!!!! It's cheered me up no end ha ha ha xxxxx

Flippen
  • Hi Daloni,

How lovely for you to have such a lovely homecoming,which you definitely deserve after all you have been through.It is nice to know also that everyone has rallied around to help,& great the ex provided the gammon!!

The biopsy I had was to see if this recurrent cancer is from the womb cancer or fallopian tube. I was hoping it was fallopian tube type as there are lots more drugs available for treatment. I have a 1cm  of cancer on the lining of my stomach which at present is causing bloating amongst other things.

The Oncologist has said I will definitely have another biopsy next week done with a CT scan this time. In the meantime she has suggested that I have a hormone drug (megace), however I since lunchtime been told by the surgery that the drug type has changed.Why I have no idea,so I am waiting for the Oncologist to call me.

You must try & relax now, because as I understand it you will be having chemo again shortly,which I hope goes well for you.

PS I forgot to mention that the Oncologist has said that I can have the BRCA test which I am pleased about.

Take care,

Geogette xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Georgette

Hi

Of course it was! I I remember now. As for changed in drugs, oncologists are a mystery. I guess it means your case has been discussed with colleagues and there’s been more input. So that’s good. 

Instructions for relaxing noted and acted upon. I’m on the sofa right now.

You take care yourself, lots of love

xx

• Hi I was so pleased to read that you had a proper sleep the other night and that even after you awoke, you felt as though you could go back to sleep, that's terrific! I'm sure your big girl was annoyed at you only because she was so worried about you. I can guarantee she won't stay mad at you for long especially if you continue what you said you were doing and rest on the sofa! Please go easy on her, she must have had a dreadful shock the night she had to take you to A&E! A bit of R&R is prescribed for you and both your girls!

Hi I don't think we have chatted before, so welcome! If I'm wrong, please put it down to the time! Lol! I do hope your oncologist   Can get his/her act together and come up with the right drug and a plan for your future treatment! Good luck!

Love Annette x