Anxiety about not seeing my family again

• 21 replies
  • 43 subscribers

With all this talk about cancer treatment being suspended to improve our chances against covid 19,I am now worrying that if I do get it I won’t see my family again before the inevitable !I know this sounds a bit dramatic but I can’t stop thinking about it.Iam on my 6th cycle of Ibrance and Letrozole,as it’s targeted treatment would this be suspended?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi and thanks for your prayers 

I have sent for a cheap wheelchair on eBay as they said they could deliver by tomorrow. The NHS ones would take 6 weeks to sort out and the place that hires them wanted £11 a day. It was only £60 so hopefully I will get a bit of use out of it 6 days and I will be in profit. 

I didn't manage the walk but I made it as far as a bench and my daughter stayed with me while the others walked round. It was good just to be in the fresh air but it was a reminder of how useless I am now. I was able to talk to her a little about the future also. Very strange pulling up into an empty car park.

I did not sleep last night with what felt like pain in my kidney. I only have one as the other was removed some time ago but I also have new spine Mets around there so it might be them. I have no idea who if anyone is supposed to help me I just keep telling my hubby I will be fine until Pallative Care get in touch.

Daughter and grand kids go home today so it will return to quiet. Like so many of us I just hope I will see them again.