How’s your New Years Eve / Hogmanay shaping?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 75 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi 

This will be a tricky time of year for many of us. So maybe we can join in a pity party together or enjoy others partying vicariously. 

I am going to pop by my neighbours briefly but mostly I’ll be banished upstairs while my 15-year-old and her mates party downstairs. I have a horrible cough and enough meds to knock me out so I don’t suppose the noise will bother me too much - and actually the sound of young people enjoying themselves is always joyous and uplifting 

xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi

Lots of love and hugs to you. I’m so sorry you’ve been so unwell and glad to hear you’re improving 

xxx

• Hi @tinalay,

Gosh what a start to 2020 but at least you are starting to feel.. what?  I don't know if "better" or "less bad" is the proper description?

You are right that it is probably better to get the full dose of IV antibiotics rather than going home only to end up going back in again.

Looking forward to you getting better, getting home and being able to relax a bit.

love and hugs,

Gragon xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you DALONI, for having the time to reply to all of us despite your own pain. I hope this year brings better news for you. Dear TINALY., I was sorry to hear of your stay in hospital but pleased they are looking after you. I hope you will be well enough to go home soon. Dear TV MAN I am so sorry, I did not know that your brother had recently died, it must have been an emotional time for you recently but I have missed you and hope you will feel able enough to post to us soon, there are lots of warm blankets waiting for you! Lots of love Pat xxx

• FormerMember

Hi JackD.

Good news.

TVman’s fine.

He was in hospital with a very serious infection. But he’s defo a fighter. He’s back at home & (touch wood’s) ok. He’s taking a break from the site for a while. But he’s ok. Thought i’d let you & other members know. He’s very popular! 

• FormerMember

Dear Vixen

Thanks for letting us know, if you are in touch with him please pass on our love and hope that he gets better soon. Love Pat xx

• FormerMember

Hello everyone, I’m sorry to read some of you are feeling very poorly, I wish you all a speedy recovery, we’re all here for you in sickness and in health. Be kind to yourselves while you get back on your feet again.

• FormerMember

Daloni

ive been to the doctors yesterday and she says that while I was in intensive care, the oncologist had to put a biliary stent in. They never told me. So I’ve been carried on for twenty months with a stent inside me. So my oncologist had met me and treated me months before I first met her. It’s very confusing. Dr wants me to have another CT scan.

• FormerMember

Hi

Well, well, well. I guess they needed to put the stent in but it’s astonishing you didn’t know. Is it the type of stent that needs replacing from time to time? I know nothing about them. 

How do you feel about another scan? Are you clear on why they want it and what they are looking for? 

so many questions! 
    xxx

• FormerMember

Maybe the6 didn’t bother to explain for a number of reasons, remember I did that suicide attempt at the time. Also hospital staff are not all that good at explaining to the deaf. 

Yes she was very fore coming with the CT scan. It to check to see if it’s spread to other regions.

ive just come home from my front night of looking after the homeless. Spent the day in bed with a cold, but determined to help. I’m glad I went. I feel useful again. How are you? It is a metal stent. I asked if it would set off the metal detectors. Dr said no. That properly explains why I’m not looking so yellow. I was so yellow before the stent got put in.

• FormerMember

This hug came just at the right time 

I'm home Blush Came home yesterday and feel much better from the infection but a bit spaced out from medication and lack of sleep. Pain relief is the best it's been in months which is a blessing.

I saw my own Consultant in the morning and quite apart from what's happening in my lungs the scans show disease progression in my liver, so oral chemo is no longer an option. It hasn't come as a complete surprise, and I've now got 2 weeks to recover before my next appointment and a new plan.

I feel like I've lost a couple of weeks, so I hope everyone's doing as well as possible, you've all been in my thoughts. I've been surrounded by people in the last weeks of their lives and have seen the best and worst of that situation. The care was unfailingly excellent though so there's some comfort there.

love to all  xx