Bittersweet

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 14 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Well, I'm here for Christmas, my last who knows, I certainly hope not. We have welcomed our first grandchild this afternoon. It feels bittersweet that I will never get to see her grow up but at least I will get to meet her. Christmas should be a time of happiness but for so many it is a time of sadness and reflection of years gone bye. None of us knows what the fates have in store and we can only deal with them as they arise. So on that note, i wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year x

• And the same to you Ellie

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear

I agree with you we should enjoy our here and now.  In a way our group  has a superior advantage to others. We know we are mortal and we know to enjoy the day. Many others outside our experience are not aware and will miss many opportunities not to mention they could be hit by a bus at anytime and not be prepared. 

MIT is my privilege to be party of this group. Knowing you all is a true enrichment of my life daily.

Wishing  you all a Happy Holiday Season and Hods blessings .

Cheers,

Millie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

What great news, a Christmas baby! A lovely name Lily and I hope you will get to see her grow for a while. As you say none of us know the future, who's to say what is in store for you? It is bitter sweet for everyone and as Jane says the circle of life. This is for all of us, with or without cancer. You have done some kind and good things Ellieellie, in particular speaking at the funeral for your friend, and you deserve some kindness yourself. Many people live longer than expected and research is moving at a faster pace, why should you not be the one to benefit from this? You have many friends here thinking of you and wishing you well, and I believe in the positive power of such thoughts. There are many unexplained happenings in our world so don't give up hope!  I hope you have a lovely peaceful Christmas and joy with the new baby. Love and hugs Pat xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

How wonderful, . That’s such happy news and a beautiful name too. Now if we could just have a picture, please? 
    much love 

xxx

• FormerMember

Ignore me! I just found the picture. Oh but she’s beautiful Heart

xx

• Hi Ellieellie, Congratulations on your first grandchild, life will never be the same again, it will be so much better for you! When I read Daloni's post about the picture, I went searching and she's beautiful! Enjoy every cuddle! What an extraordinary Christmas present!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember

When Ellie met Lily.

• FormerMember

What a beautiful photo of two beautiful ladies.

Ceud mile failte baby Lily, A hundred thousand welcomes Blush

I hope you'll have lots of special times with your granddaughter Ellie. I didn't think I'd get to meet my great niece, also Lily, but we celebrated her 1st birthday in October.

It's natural to have mixed feelings at these times, just as long as they don't overshadow the joy of them.

Along with many others I'm officially passed my sell by date and plan to party my pants off for as long as possible!    xx

• Hi Ellie

I fully agree with , what a beautiful photo and you look so proud of your new granddaughter.

Well done Tinalay, party on, party on.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember

Hi Ellie

That is a beautiful picture. You look so happy. 

Do you get to spend today with her? I do hope so 

xxx