Christmas

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 38 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Christmas--that magic blanket that wraps itself about us, that something so intangible that it is like a fragrance. It may weave a spell of nostalgia. Christmas may be a day of feasting, or of prayer, but always it will be a day of remembrance--a day in which we think of everything we have ever loved."

Ellie x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Dear

Helicopter crashes like that are terrible! Sometimes it is weather related others mechanical more likely is due to overload. It happens once or twice a year and is heartbreaking every time. Thank you for thing about the people.

Today is day 1 of gardening!! Unless it rains. We’ll see. Photos to folling soon

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi! 
    I am pleased to report that the pain meds are doing their job reasonably well and life is more livable. I’m absolutely cream crackered, mind you. I didn’t get out of bed until nearly midday and was asleep again between 3 and 5 this afternoon. Quite frankly I’m ready for bed again now. I think this exhaustion is the aftermath of the pain escalation combined with the travelling I undertook yesterday rather than side effects of the new treatment; it’s a bit early for them to have kicked in. 

It’s home time tomorrow. It’s been a lovely Christmas overall. Everyone has looked after each other and we’ve had a lot of fun and laughter. 

My love to you all 

xxx 

• That's good the pain meds seem to be working, long may it last! I do know exactly what you mean about being shattered! I have been forcing myself to get up and forcing myself to stay up, rather than go to bed at 7.30pm. I'm finding my joints are sore and I'm not sure if it's the tale end of the infections, side effects of antibiotics, a flare up of arthritis or just the cold, damp weather we are having here!

Its good you've enjoyed Christmas at your neice's but there's no place like your own bed when you are tired! Sending you a virtual (((HUG))) a gentle one of course!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi tv man,

Just reading about your roll up for Jigsaw.My daughter got me a jigsaw the other day and that sounds perfect to put away.Ill try and 

find it.I haven’t done a jigsaw for years my grandson is eager to help,he is 8 and I help to look after him when my daughter has to work.

Although I have to say he has a attention span of a  fly but I think it’s lovely to try all the things we use to have.

Hope your feeling better, take care xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi anndanv

i know what you mean about your your own bed.I went to see my mother in law the other weekend and although it was lovely to go I couldn’t wait to get back! Then I feel awful for thinking it but it’ Smirktrue Smirk

Hope you feel better soon,I suffer with Rheumatoid arthritis but have been ok recently.I think I have just caught another cold from going down the gp Friday at the time there was so many people downYumhere and it was so warm just got over chest infection doh Never mind start again

Take care xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you for that hug, Annette. I am sorry you ache so much. It’s probably a combination of all the factors you mentioned. Here is a very gentle ((((hug)))) back so as I don’t make those joints worse. 

I hope today is a better day 

Lots of love xxx

• Thanks &  Peggy, never feel guilty for telling the truth, it would be different if you said it to your MIL but you are only thinking it! I love going away for a break but also love coming home to my own bed! Sorry to hear you have RA, it's OA I have and one of the side effects of the drug I took was to accelerate the OA and attack my spine.   Daloni Thanks for the gentle hug, it is most appreciated especially when you are coping with so much yourself! I've been left with what feels like a flu type cold but I've had my flu jag, so it's not to bad! Unfortunately early evening yesterday our heating stopped working for no apparent reason. We've put in a call to the engineer but don't know if he is away or not! Luckily we have a couple of convector heaters we can use but they don't keep the house as cosy as the central heating of course!

Hope you are all asleep now in your nice warm beds! I've got bed socks on and a hot water bottle at my back!

Night night All! 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi Annette 

oooh. No heating. Brrrrr. The one good thing about the boiler breaking down us that it makes us appreciate just how luxurious central heating is. I hope the engineer comes soon and fixes it 

xxx