Sleep

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 51 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Waking up ever morning so early (I think it's the steroids I'm on) is the most peaceful time of the day and instead of getting annoyed that I can't sleep I have decided to embrace the extra time. 

Also I see from the posts that it's a common phenomenon.....lack of sleep!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Dear tinks, that sounds like a scene from the film escape from alcatraz, with your crafting skills you should have made a paper mache head to go with the cushions ! ! ! My hubby could sleep through a earthquake .

• Hi Alex or anyone who can help me.

What is a BMI? I think there has been a misunderstanding. Alex wrote it on the 24th at 7.03am. I can only think of body mass index.

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • I think the "I" was a mistake - I think it was a reference to Bowel Movement (BM). A subject close to the heart of all of us who have chemo.

• Not just those of you on chemo. Those of us on opiates are often very interested in them too OBS! 

Wink

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• Hi, I totally agree with you there Lass! It's murder!

That's the way I read it too with a spare "I" before it!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember

YUM!

• FormerMember

FINALLY.. received my letter yesterday and I have been awarded full PIP for three years so I can keep my car YAY...it is a relief and I just hope that I'm around long enough to have to claim again. ( Oh joy ). I know that sounds defeatist so apologies for any upset, it's the first thing that came into my mind.

• Hi Tink, Early nights don't help me sleep any better! When I get up in the night (or early morning) one minute my husband is sound asleep, the next he's saying "where are you going" I say to the toilet, then he asks if I'm ok and do I want anything? Cup of tea, bit of toast etc! I tell him no thanks, just you go back to sleep! Within minutes he is fast asleep again, until the next time I get up then we have the same conversation again! He can sleep anywhere, anytime! I wish I could!

You are papering a dolls house, I am knitting dolls clothes and blankets for prams, cots, cribs etc! At least it keeps me busy!

Love Annette x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Good morning tinks and Annette, I really need to stop getting up in the middle of the night or I’m going to turn into a bush baby L.O.L 

i am pleased to hear you have been awarded your pip tinks, I know people are on tender hooks when waiting for a decision, it will be a weight off your mind I’m sure.

dear Annette, I’m the same as you, it doesn’t matter how early I get up I still wake up in the night, my bladder has it’s own timetable now and simply insists I get up ! !

• Hi Jane, At least you said you must stop getting up in the middle of the night! Does that mean you get to sleep and then waken early, probably to go to the toilet? Well, truth is, I'm still trying to get to sleep when most people are getting up!

My fantastic husband (& soulmate) has just brought me a cup of tea and toast in bed! He said he was practising for Tues night/ Wed morning, when I have to be at the hospital for 7am. It is the Queen Eliz Uni Hosp, they call it a SuperHospital but it is located in the south side of the city (Glasgow) and we live in the north of the city. At least the traffic should be quiet at 6.20 when we leave.

What's the betting I actually get to sleep tomorrow night or We'd morning, when most nights I'm wide awake!!

Yes it was a gruelling assessment in 2017 that lasted for over two hours but when we realised he had awarded PIP for ten years, we thought at least it was worth it! I remember saying to my husband, if I'm still here to collect it in 10 years time.....id be such a happy bunny! I hope you get back to sleep!

Love Annette x