More woe

• 32 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi all

So, not long after after the death of my eldest brother and best friend, our family has been hit by more tragedy. 

Unfortunately my little daughter who lives just outside Peterborough, has miscarried. It was very early on in the pregnancy and not many people knew. Very early on or not, it's still horrible. Like many, many other families, my wife and I went through the same around 40 years ago. Just wasn't meant to be, I suppose.

The worst thing? I can't travel to see her because I am not allowed to drive so far, the family wouldn't hear of it. I want to put my arms around her and give her what she calls a special hug that only I can give her. My wife can't go either because she works in a school. The good thing is that we are going to see her at half term, flights and rail travel booked for the 28th, so we're counting down the days. Won't be long. 

Life sucks.

I know that you good people will be in touch through the site so that'll help me psychologically.

Tvman xx

• Hi everyone

Firstly, if anyone reading this post thinks that they've missed the boat in responding to me, please don't decide not to post because every single reply has something which gives me an understanding of how Nicole was feeling and why she never told me. 

I don't believe the first miscarriage would have been around the time my brother died, late August, because the time frame is too short, she was telling us about her pregnancy in early October. It's more likely to have been around 14 months ago when I was hospitalised following a stroke, that's if it occurred at a period when she didn't want to worry me. 

I want to thank all who have replied with very sensitive wording. I'm not ashamed to admit that 2 or 3 were difficult to read because my eyes had filled up with tears Disappointed.

So thank you everyone, it's so true that this site, or even this group, is a special place to share thoughts that we don't share with others, it's a place where we give and receive advice and to some extent, a refuge to tell the worst and the best news. 

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Dear Tvman

She probably didn't want to worry you, and perhaps it's too hard a subject to discuss? Sometimes it's too difficult to share things with parents. I know that I don't like to worry mine. You are there now, and it must be wonderful for you to all be together. 

Much love to you all, healing and peace

Xx

Flowerlady x