Busy couple of weeks coming up

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 249 replies
  • 46 subscribers

hi folks 

today I saw the urologist. The oncologists at the trials unit at UCLH are concerned about my kidney function and reckon the stent in my ureter is blocked. With the amount of pain I’m in, it wouldn’t surprise me. So they referred me to urology. But that’s at the local hospital. 

Today I saw the consultant urologist at my local hospital in Maidstone and he agreed. But he’s not sure the kidney is working at all so his plan is a test involving an injection of a radioactive isotope which they then track through the kidneys. If the kidney is working, he’ll replace the stent. That’s a day case procedure but involves a general anaesthetic. 

All that needs to take place before October 16 when I am due to start an immunotherapy trial. I also have to fit in a CT scan, a fancy blood test that requires a team from Cancer Research labs to come out with special kit and a biopsy. 

So it looks like I’ll either be waiting for hospital appointments or in hospital for much of the next fortnight. 

Bother. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Wow. It did. 

• Lol

There are def more than a few quirks on this site! Some of them have been around a LONG time too, which in any other business would be both unheard of and unacceptable. But for some reason here, none of the Tech team seem to care. 

Fingers crossed for a quirk free week for you! 

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• Hi. I'm not sure if it's working for me, I have typed the @ symbol and your name is highlighted when I type it and when I hit return,but I'll not really know until I send this. 

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Hi

O me of little faith. You realise you are changing the lifestyle of part of a generation lol

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

I aim to please Joy Joy

• FormerMember

Our Dearest @daloni,

You are amazing with all your appointments, infusions, travel, pain,  working to get your kidney operation you are now our Macmillan resident computer guru!  There should be an award ceremony! and a Guru Medallion award!

Now, back to the original subject: How are you feeling? How is your busy couple of weeks schedule going so far?

Is your pain under control? How are the kids and Noodle doing? We all care about you and want to cheer you on.

Warmest Regards and many Hugs,

Millie

• FormerMember

OK I didn't make it work, was probably the comma so here  go again @Daloni 

• FormerMember

Hi Millie

Tagging success for me requires waiting for the name to come up in a blue box then pressing return. 

I’m doing fine - thank you for asking. Noodle is growing by the day and is now allowed out. She loves people in general and children in particular. Monika is doing a great job training her and she has some lovely manners now. She sits before her food goes down and she can sit for a treat, leave it in my hand on command, then look up at me on command before taking the treat. That takes a lot of impulse control.

She is also giving me the impetus to get up and get out. She loves helping me with the gardening. Without her, I would have stayed inside but her need to be outside is getting me off my butt, if only for a short while. I’m finding that little and often is seeing the garden get into shape remarkably quickly. 

This week was not looking too bad for appointments- just tomorrow for bloods and safety check and Wednesday for treatment - the a letter arrived today with an appointment with a haematologist on Friday. I’m going to put it back a week as I need to take Monika to sixth form open evenings the night before. We are planning to move nearer to family next summer so we won’t be back until Friday lunchtime.

I know you have appointments and treatments coming up too. How are you and how’s it all going? 

Lots of love 

xxx

• FormerMember

Dear @Daloni ,

Sounds like you have it all sorted out .  Is your stent operation still scheduled? Please keep us in the loop. Hope all goes smoothly.

As to me, yes, I had multi appointments scans and tests during the last three weeks.I am so tired of doctors. There was a bit of a scare, but we increased my dose of immunotherapy and all its good again.   Will get monthly labs, but no scans or appointments except for one infusion for the next 3 months. Yeah!

Best to you my friend. Thinking of you.

Hugs and love to you and yours

Millie

• FormerMember

Hi Millie

I am so glad to hear you’re over your scare and that you have minimal appointments for foreseeable. What a relief! 

The procedure to remove the stent is scheduled for Monday. My best friend is coming to stay over and will get me too and from hospital plus mind Noodle while Monika is at school.

Tuesday I have blood tests and health check at the trials unit in central London. Then Wednesday it’s treatment day- the fifth of six infusions. Thursday I have off. Friday it’s back to central London to see a haematologist and discuss the blood thinning therapy. So a bit busy. I’ll be glad when it’s over. 

xx