Busy couple of weeks coming up

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 249 replies
  • 46 subscribers

hi folks 

today I saw the urologist. The oncologists at the trials unit at UCLH are concerned about my kidney function and reckon the stent in my ureter is blocked. With the amount of pain I’m in, it wouldn’t surprise me. So they referred me to urology. But that’s at the local hospital. 

Today I saw the consultant urologist at my local hospital in Maidstone and he agreed. But he’s not sure the kidney is working at all so his plan is a test involving an injection of a radioactive isotope which they then track through the kidneys. If the kidney is working, he’ll replace the stent. That’s a day case procedure but involves a general anaesthetic. 

All that needs to take place before October 16 when I am due to start an immunotherapy trial. I also have to fit in a CT scan, a fancy blood test that requires a team from Cancer Research labs to come out with special kit and a biopsy. 

So it looks like I’ll either be waiting for hospital appointments or in hospital for much of the next fortnight. 

Bother. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Can northerners come? xx

• Southerners came to the last York one. It's the good thing about York, it's a main station going up and coming down, as well as side to side. Lol. So most people can get there on one main train. 

Need to arrange an Edinburgh one too, maybe for when I'm up at Christmas..... Lol

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• hi daloni thanks for that information I will give it a go watch me invent some new cockup ha ha ha along the way at the min feel ok but how you feel can change in the he as we all know consultant has changed my sickness meds I am now on stronger stuff not on the liquid I am on these tab l yes that dissolve on the tongue got to try them from today so I hope these will work better she says to let her know something so simple as feeling hungry you wouldn't think of that feeling that you miss would you was dreading yesterday's chemo it's not any one can say they look forward to but two days out of seven only feeling right not good and yes my amazing best friend always with me worried her like hell this week and I don't want to do that lovely to hear from you love and hugs xxx

Flippen
  • hi there thanks for getting back to me means a lot oh I am a dinosaur as well it's a miracle I have done what I have done on here so far!!! lost completely my way on sites couldn't understand why my posts were not being answered so keep sending in the same places I originally sent apologies if I have sent posts to wrong site never mind I know about beating myself up I hate making mistakes it's my pet hate but I suppose if you don't make mistakes you don't learn anything lovely to chat to you xxx

Flippen
  • Well I tried what you said but don't know if it's worked! I typed @ then when I started typing your name it said "loading" and loads of names came up but not yours! I tried again then on the I your name came up so I clicked on it!! The site froze, I had to log out then log in again. Third time I ignored everything and just put the AT symbol then your name and hit return. Your name is now highlighted at the top of this reply, so I don't know if it's worked or not!

Popgate, don't be hard on yourself, I have been on this site for a long time now and still loose posts etc but it is worth persevering to keep in touch with all these great people!

Lets see what happens when I click Post!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Fantastic, it has worked, I always wondered how you did that! For anyone trying this, just ignore the "loading" lists and continue with the name! Thanks Daloni, you are a star!

Love Annette x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

@daloni 

it worked! xx

• I usually use the list, because some names are huge and with lots of numbers in them. Lol

Annette, I'm hazarding a guess, but I don't think the site froze on you. Once you select a name from the list, you need to press the space bar, otherwise it won't let you hit return or type anything else. 

Another random quirk on the site. Lol

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• It did actually freeze on me! I know to hit the space bar, just as when a spelling suggestion pops up but I tried the space bar, return key, the back key, the back to Mail on the top left of the screen and nothing at all happened! I think there are a few random quirks here and they all seem to find me! I'm nothing if not determined or stubborn some might say! 

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Love Annette x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Ive tried it and I’m seeing if it works for me!