Busy couple of weeks coming up

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 249 replies
  • 46 subscribers

hi folks 

today I saw the urologist. The oncologists at the trials unit at UCLH are concerned about my kidney function and reckon the stent in my ureter is blocked. With the amount of pain I’m in, it wouldn’t surprise me. So they referred me to urology. But that’s at the local hospital. 

Today I saw the consultant urologist at my local hospital in Maidstone and he agreed. But he’s not sure the kidney is working at all so his plan is a test involving an injection of a radioactive isotope which they then track through the kidneys. If the kidney is working, he’ll replace the stent. That’s a day case procedure but involves a general anaesthetic. 

All that needs to take place before October 16 when I am due to start an immunotherapy trial. I also have to fit in a CT scan, a fancy blood test that requires a team from Cancer Research labs to come out with special kit and a biopsy. 

So it looks like I’ll either be waiting for hospital appointments or in hospital for much of the next fortnight. 

Bother. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lass

I just injected myself in the flabby bit of my belly. Last time I did this I used a kind of staple gun type thing - press a lever and it released a spring and stabbed me. Strictly speaking my husband did it for me. I’m told the people who manufactured that system pulled out of the market so this time it’s a pre loaded syringe with a 2cm needle. It’s fair to say I’m not living my best life. 

• Hi Daloni, The pre filled syringes are the ones I was given but my husband hates needles, so I just counted 3 then did it quickly without any hesitation, good luck!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Dear Daloni

I am so sorry you are having to go through all this and  hoping Operation Christmas works and you have a peaceful happy and pain free time. I really just want to say you are an amazing woman, you are going through all this, sticking a needle in your stomach and at the same time still sending supportive and encouraging messages to the rest of us. I think your name should be super woman, giver of good cheer and comfort. You are so positive and kind you deserve nothing but good news in the future .I always enjoy reading your very positive ,humorous and interesting posts and  hope and try to be as strong as you. I can see why you and the others are community champions, you keep the group going along with the others who use art and humour and kindness. Thank you all for keeping me sane and hopeful,.  you make me smile despite the horrible things people are going through. It is your turn now to let us   support and care for you, there are so many brave, funny and talented people on this forum, I am sure the positivity of Macmillan online keeps many of us, certainly me, from despair.

With love to you all and a special hug for you and all the others who contribute to making this a more positive experience.

Lots of love, and I hope the fairy dust lets us all sleep.

Pat xxx  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Popgate

Hi Popgate, I was wondering where you were! I have probable missed your posts due to brain fog! I hope you are getting along OK? It is nice to hear from you, that was a lovely reply to Daloni and I totally agree with you, you have also shown strength and kindness so it is good to know we are all singing from the same song book! Hope you have a good sleep. nite nite

Love and hugs

Pat xx

• FormerMember

Hi Pat,

That is a really lovely message you sent and it made me smile and feel not a little humble to read it. I agree with you whole heartedly about the kind and funny people here in this community. People ask me how I cope and who supports me. I tell them it’s you guys here. 

Lots of love 

• Hi pat so nice of you to contact me and your kind words thank you I have had a bit of a nightmare with my posts some of them have not come through or gone in wrong groups!!! God I wish I was good at online stuff just when I think I have got it I do a cock up!!!not good when someone is posting for help and support and I have sent a reply and they haven't received it did post sorry I had lost my way on sending posts to the correct people so I hope they found the replys I did send and not ignored them got chemo this morn again so hell if a day with cold cap routine still my best friend with me as always supporting me as always had consultant meeting yesterday morn he says I am doing well but this week has been rough with feeling sick and not eating week apart from odd slice of toast so she has given me a stronger sickness meds to see if I can cope better with that I hope so can't remember what it feels like to feel hungry sounds so strange doesn't it? so fingers and everything else crossed the stuff I have today will do the trick look after yourself keep fighting on the boxing battle lots of love xxx

Flippen
  • FormerMember

Hi

I am sorry you’re feeling so rough. I know what you mean about forgetting what hunger feels like. 

You’re not the only one having trouble with the site. There is a constant stream of complaints about it. I think it’s quite an old system that is creaking under the weight of the massive amount of use it gets.

One way to make sure people get posts is to “at name” them. You see I have your name in highlighted text here and you’ve had an email to say I mentioned you? I did that by typing the @ symbol on the keyboard followed by your user name. When I finished typing popgate I hit the return key. Does test make sense? Does it help? I hope so.

I hope you feel better soon and thank goodness for your dear friend who’s always with you 

love and hugs xxx

• FormerMember

Popgate, you’re so hard on yourself. I’m a dinosaur when it comes to this stuff, I lost you completely for several days and have no idea why I can see you again. Be as kind to yourself as you are to us.

Daloni, will need to think long and hard about that but will give it a try when I’m not having a wee glass of wine xx

• FormerMember

That would be fab ,something to look forward to 

xxxxx

• FormerMember

This is a reply to a southern meet up

xx