Busy couple of weeks coming up

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 249 replies
  • 46 subscribers

hi folks 

today I saw the urologist. The oncologists at the trials unit at UCLH are concerned about my kidney function and reckon the stent in my ureter is blocked. With the amount of pain I’m in, it wouldn’t surprise me. So they referred me to urology. But that’s at the local hospital. 

Today I saw the consultant urologist at my local hospital in Maidstone and he agreed. But he’s not sure the kidney is working at all so his plan is a test involving an injection of a radioactive isotope which they then track through the kidneys. If the kidney is working, he’ll replace the stent. That’s a day case procedure but involves a general anaesthetic. 

All that needs to take place before October 16 when I am due to start an immunotherapy trial. I also have to fit in a CT scan, a fancy blood test that requires a team from Cancer Research labs to come out with special kit and a biopsy. 

So it looks like I’ll either be waiting for hospital appointments or in hospital for much of the next fortnight. 

Bother. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Daloni  

What can I say u r one strong person with all your own ups n downs u always have time 4 someone else  

Stay positive 

Kym xx

• Hi Daloni, Isn't it strange how quickly things can change, even our mind!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember

Hi Daloni just a quickie to say I was diagnosed with a PE 4 years ago,  in fact that's what led to my Secondary diagnosis. I have been injecting myself with Fragmin every day since so I look on it both as a curse and a blessing. 

I was so pleased to hear that the trial team allowed piriton and that it worked. We take our good news wherever we can find it.

Hugs P xx 

• Oh daloni  so sorry to hear of all your problems I do hope how get through this tough time God treatment is so hard to juggle with you get something that works for you and then to get complications from it or something else pops up that clashes I know it's so hard to know what to do for the best of us a hard rock and a stone on decisions sometimes it is for me at the min as well you have so much support on here from everyone and you give so much support to everyone as well that is what I have been trying to do in here as well I look to you as a leader who you can learn so much from and I have keep fighting on I know it's easier said than done but I know you have hidden strength within you to get you through this difficult time loads of love and support from me xxxxxxxxxxxxx,,,

Flippen
  • FormerMember

Yes please keep posting happy news.  As Daloni says it is just what newbies need to hear of which I include myself!  So yes this community is for good news and the not so good but we are all here to support and celebrate.  

• FormerMember

Hi all ,and daloni in particular

daloni lets hope those injections do their job I had them for about 6 months ,not as bad a position as you are in ,but am still here 

you have so much to think about but in the short time I have been a member of this elite club ,the club we don’t let all and sundry in ,it is very special, you have been a real beacon of light and hope to me and everyone here ,I would love to be able to meet up and put faces and personalities to names ,but I can t come to York ,perhaps another time and place  .in the new year perhaps ,and in the south ? 
    thinking of you with hope 

positive thoughts 

janet

xxxxx

• FormerMember

Well let’s see if we can organise one, Janet 

xxx

• Hi and ,

can I steal the sound of music idea? It sounds like fun and I'm sure the costume would suit me!

Gragon xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Gragon

I think you’d look very fetching, . Please, be my guest but make sure you film it Joy

• I definitely see you more as a nun, or in a pair of curtains than as a Nazi though! 

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.