Appointment with my oncologist today

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 17 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Afternoon everyone 

Hope u r all enjoying the weather 

Just a update the cancer on my shoulder has shrunk near to the point it's near gone so oncologist is going to give me 2 more lots of chemotherapy then 3weeks of radiotherapy then move me on to hormone therapy no change in my neck or my kidney x best news I could have received xxxx

Scan showed

new signs of cancer has appeared on my breasts.on right side it has more nodes than the left on the side I had mastectomy (left)  it is growing on the fatty tissue that has grown over the implant  ...removing  both is out the question 4 now 

I'm pleased with results as in june doctors believe the chemo would hold it to the size it was 

Kym 

xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

Now that’s what I call ABB news. Absolutely blooming brilliant. I am so pleased for you 

xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you so much 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sounds like some great news Kym. Hope the smile is still on ur face Wink

Take care

WB xx

• Hi Kym, That's great news, disappearing is much better than stable, long may it continue to work its magic for you! Sounds like you are going to be a responder to the treatment which is all any of us can wish for!

I hope you are celebrating the good news over the coming weekend!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi Annette

Thank you 

Yes will definitely  be celebrating along with my daughter 16th birthday party 

Kym

Xxx

• FormerMember

Hi WB

Yes I think my smile is now perfectly stuck 

Kym xx

• FormerMember

Morning kym

so pleased to hear you are responding to treatment , shows there is hope and a future , fantabulous

positive thoughts 

janet

xxxxx

• FormerMember

Morning Janet 

Thank you  I do feel a bit guilty and was humming n arring about posting my good news as I'm fully aware it's not all good news for some but I decided to post to let people know there is hope and as people on this site showed me it's good to stay positive and to carry on enjoying the life you have and to listen to your body when it says ok let's rest for a bit x I was a emotional wreck when my cancer came back  but the lovely people who gave their time to answer n reassure me I could never say thank u enough to them I still have a long way to go but I know with my positive attitude and the medication n listening  toward cancer it can be controlled (in some people) 

Kym

xxx 

• FormerMember

Hi Kym

just read your good news and understand your dilemma about posting it. I think you summed it up when you mention hope for others. I think most people in this group will understand the need to have hope and positive thoughts.  Like you I had good news recently when my oncologist told me that my latest scan showed a reduction of over fifty percent in my cancer with no new growth elsewhere. I guess we are all hoping for improvement or at best stability as while we know it is not a cure it does give us more time  

I think the most important thing I have found is to value the good things and to treasure my family.  I think I have learned that sometimes the simple things are of greater value than the material things that previously seemed important.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Kym,

I'm delighted for you, and in the middle of a family crisis (unrelated to cancer) your news has really given me a lift. It's good to be reminded that sometimes things do go our way! 

I'm so glad you decided to share it with us. Enjoy the family celebrations, 16 is a pretty special age xx