Book WITH THE END IN MIND

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 52 replies
  • 48 subscribers

If anyone is frightened or can’t get it of you mind, I was told of a book which I recommend 

WITH THE END IN MIND by Kathryn Mannix

really good read

• As previously mentioned, due to the book, I had the Big discussion with Mrs N. She still mightily upset. 

Not learning from that, I had a walk yesterday, sat on a dry bit of bench then had the Big chat with my young brother who I have planned to do the paperwork etc after my demise.

He now mightily upset. I then confessed to Mrs N. she is incandescent now.

Now brother texting me all night to say he has bought the book so he is ready for what is going to happen to me and what eventually will happen to him.

Mrs N not aware of that but there will be police called to subdue her when she does find out!

DO NOT MODERATE THIS.

Only reply with sympathy,  there is no way out of this for me, what have I started.!?

• Hi

What you have started is asking people to confront hard truths and not hide away from it. It is sad that the reaction has been to be angry with you, but unless you find a way to live forever, the truth has to be confronted eventually. It is good your brother has bought the book and hopefully it will have the effect it had on you and others. Wonder why so many people refuse to contemplate the idea of death and dying. Doesnt stop it happening. Good luck, hope you dont have to call the fire service to put you or Mrs N out. Much sympathy.

x

• It is good to confront the truth we all have to at some point.

Good to be prepared and for our families. I have sorted all my finances ready for when the time comes 

Ruth 

• Thanks Ruth and OBS. I know you are right, I believe I am right but it appears to be a lot more difficult to sort these matters than I thought. But the Genie is out of the bottle and Pandora's box is now fully jammed open.

Run out of metaphors now. Thanks again.

• Sorry you are having a hard time . Sometimes it is hard to have to take account of everyone else's feelings when we are facing our own struggles.And, in truth, why should we have to be responsible for other people's reactions? I don't mean we should be harsh and not care about other people's feelings but my sense is that you read the book because you needed your fears allaying, and you are entitled to that. Anger is often an emotion which hides  underlying fear , so I guess that those around you are fearful too, but you are still entitled to seek knowledge which will help you deal with your questionsre mortality.If others are not ready for it for themselve, so be it. Hope you weather the storm.

x

• You've seen straight though me and you have made me feel a bit more comfortable. Honestly grateful. Xx

• Norberry sending hugs and love, it is so difficult to talk to those you love.

Best wishes Sal x

Sarah 

• Thank you so much Salis, aren't we lucky to be able to get everything off our shoulders here. Its the first time I have got myself into a pickle and I am being shown how to unpickle myself. Got an idea that it might take a bit of time.

• Thanks Norberry, I'm going to order it now. I'm glad it's helped you discuss things with Mrs N. Hubby still can't talk about our future and we really should get the ball rolling! 

• I have found it hard but as ownedbystaffies and others have said, its got to be done. Best wishes to you little-fi. Xx