Book WITH THE END IN MIND

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 52 replies
  • 48 subscribers

If anyone is frightened or can’t get it of you mind, I was told of a book which I recommend 

WITH THE END IN MIND by Kathryn Mannix

really good read

• I did read the Final Gift's...and loved it, even if i was crying all the time...so i will get this one to. Thanks for that!!

• I am only on the first chapter and already at the pre crying stage. My wife will be upset when she sees me upset. Of course we have mentioned what is going to happen to me but a proper discussion has never taken place.

I don't know if I am sorry or glad I started. My only thought at the moment is, if Daloni liked the book and found it useful,

that is good enough for me.

I am like SiT in that I will devour a book from start to finish, pretty sure I won't be able to do that with this one.

Got it on Kindle, cost a fiver, going to cost a lot more in tissues!

Good luck with anyone else starting it, let me know if it becomes easier to read please.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

As promised, the book did indeed arrive yesterday afternoon since when I've been looking at it and trying to channel the willpower to at least open it...

Might take a few days... (I know, I know - what a wuss!!!)

• Its ok, you will sniff a bit but the first chapter has put my mind a rest even if I don't read any more.

• Well everyone, you won't believe this, but I have just told my wife about the book, she saw me on the Kindle and wondered what I was reading.

We have just sorted my entire funeral arrangements including when that was likely to happen. 

I like an elephant but this was rather a big one that has been blocking the room for some time. Never been discussed before.

Plenty of tears but a lot sorted. Going to update our wills ASAP.

How can that book have caused this in a few pages, both got headaches now.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

Bless...

• I am so pleased, a relief for you both.

A life lived in fear, is a life half lived.
    Nicky
  • A big weight from my shoulders Nicky but not sitting very well on Mrs Norberry's, She's a bit in shock I'm afraid, there is never a good or right time to have these talks is there?  But its done now, I will have to be a good husband for a while!

• Hi ,

So glad you have had the conversation. Talking is always better than not talking, and despite Mrs N being a bit shell shocked at the moment, you couldnt tip toe around that elephant forever. Knowing is better than not knowing too, so facing up to the actual process of death hopefully makes it less scarey, Heard Jane Goodall ( primatologist) on radio 4 this morning - says she feels death is her next big adventure, now that is an attitude to aspire to. And for you and Mrs N now the elephant is out of the room, there will be more room in your next house, when you move, for that dog!

• Thanks OBSs, I wish you were here explaining  all this. I sort of wish I hadn't started this but as you said, it could not be left forever. Still not decided on what version of dog, I can still see myself cuddling a little blue staffie, Mrs N still sees the cockapoo as being more cuddly than me!

Thank you very much. Xxxxx