Bucket lists

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 42 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Since finding out, has anyone made up a bucket list?! What things have you/ would you put on there ? 

Purely just out of curiosity and for a bit of fun :)  

• Hi Button

I've just seen on breakfast tv that because of the 130th anniversary of the Eiffel Tower, there is a  zip line from the 2nd floor until 11th June. I think it's an online lottery for tickets although I don't know if the event is already booked up. Try.        twitter.com/.../872887358017986560 to watch a short video. It was on last year I think, so it may be on next year. I'd love to do it myself!

Tvman x

Love life and family.
  • Hi Button and flo

It does seem that I have done a lot when I write it out (I forgot to say that I visited Kew Gardens and The Chelsea Flower Show). All those visits were expensive enough, considering we live in Northern Ireland and had to get flights to the mainland. 

All through my working life I paid into 2 personal pensions, through thick and thin I paid into them, so that is one virtually emptied. I'm not touching the other one, that's for my wife if I don't make it to state pension age (6 years and counting) but the way things are going, I am not going to rule it out!

I totally agree btw that small, simple things that leave a great memory can be best. I want to take a canal boat on some of the canals around Peterborough where my daughter lives, and have them with me. Just for a few days.

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Hi flo

You'll love Venice, it's wonderful, and Disneyland with your son too! He'll remember that for a long time. Money is a worry though, but try to manage a budget for every day. 

Tvman x

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I really don't know wot 2 put on my bucket list. Husband says were making memories everytime we go on holiday but I cant think of anywhere that's an absolute "wow must go there".

Has anyone any quirky things they want 2 do? I cant think of anything. I certainly don't want 2 bungee jump, skydiving or anything similar. Theres no point in going mad on shopping trips as they're a waste of money. I've travelled quite a bit over the last couple of years.

Spa days r out. I hate massages/being touched & only have 4 toenails on each foot so pedicures r out.

What else???????

WB xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

One of my friends just took part in "Nude in Bude" which is a massive skinny dip in the sea for charity.  She said it was invigorating but eye opening!

• FormerMember

Hi 

I’ve really enjoyed reading this. I don’t have a bucket list as I’ve had a great life where I’ve done most of the things I wanted to do and travelled a lot. Rather, I have a new approach. When friends or family say “we should do such and such” I say yes and make sure we do it. It’s often simple things like visiting an art gallery for an exhibition or just visiting friends I don’t often see. I’m wary of “making memories” as for me it tends to make things far too loaded. I’d rather just enjoy today and whatever it is I am doing - although I realise that’s personal and I think your diary for your little one is a beautiful idea, .

The one thing that’s on my list is learning to dive. I promised myself that the year I turned 50 but got diagnosed with cancer so that year I spent in treatment. I haven’t got round to it / plucked up the courage / found a willing companion to join me since. 

Managing the fatigue that comes with cancer treatment has prompted me to learn some new skills, mostly craft based. Last year I learned to crochet and I’ve produced two stunning blankets. I’ve bought an electric bike and that’s been a complete joy. I have learned to bake bread  although I’ve yet to master sourdough

xx

• FormerMember

Aagghhhh the thought of getting all my pale wobbly bits outs 4 all 2 c would fill me with dread!!!!!

If u fancy that then go 4 it Slight smile

WB xx

• Hi Daloni

Learning to dive would be excellent, getting below the surface and finding a wealth of seabed animals in their natural habitat would be a wonderful experience. If you lived near me, I'd be happy to share the experience but I don't think I could do a dive of more than 6 ft because of a near drowning experience I had when I was about 10, along with my two brothers. My parents almost lost their entire family and it's still raw. 

I have hired an electric bike before and it made climbing hills so easy, I don't have a lot of energy  due to my cancer and I really can't do hills any more. Sounds brill.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember

I’d love to find some quirky things to put on mine but I can’t think of anything overly exciting yet! I’m hoping people throw some ideas up, I would just love for people to be able to think “wow she croaky did that” and for me to say I did it too!! 

• FormerMember

Oh my days!! That sounds so much fun!! I don’t know anyone would appreciate seeing my full on Nude though! Haha good on them that sounds so much fun!