Feeling the cold

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 58 replies
  • 43 subscribers

We have been very lucky with the weather here and I know I should not complain but it really makes you feel so much worse when you are cold. 

It's my down time in the meds cycle for my bloods so it's expected that I will feel tired but the cold seems to make it ten times worse. I can hardly motivate myself to move today. 

I am also still waiting to hear about my scan results (2 weeks) they said they were part reported last Friday but today they are still waiting. My positivity is waning a little but I know that is silly it is just a case of someone having time to read them. 

I was hoping to get some bulbs in the ground this week but called a halt to that yesterday when the snow arrived. I need to sort myself a little project for downtime. Any ideas welcome nothing expensive or illegal. 

I have already knitted my way through mine and the neighbours grandchildren. One had four grandchildren born this month and 2 expected in Feb. So 8 knits later I am taking a break. 

Now I have burdened you all with my pathetic moaning I will give myself a kick up the backside and get out there for some air, the snow is all gone I am just being a wimp. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Yep, that sounds like me too.

Husband has just gone out for a blast of fresh air so asked him to call in M &S to get me some cookie dough chocolates!  Can’t bake at the moment.  Standing hurts too much I’m afraid

Enjoy your brownie

xxx

•  Hi again,

I have eaten my yummy fish and chips and followed it with a pile of prunes and apricots. I’ll leave it to you about why prunes, suffice it to say they usually have the desired effect! Must say the brownies would have been enjoyed a lot more! 

Fair play, doing the bed in stages makes sense. It’s like the garden, that gets done in short spells. All too often after a short rest, I think I can do some more, but I am usually kidding myself and just end up so exhausted that I don’t do anything at all the next day because I am aching too much. I never learn either! 

This wind is bad, my fence keeps wobbling and even the metal shed has shifted a bit. Still the birds are still flying and stocking up on the bird feeders. You know it’s bad when they are hungry.

Now I am going to get stuck into that tin of Roses. 

Love and hugs 

Maggie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Alive

Style number two from the first you tube video, . Not too shabby I think! 

• I think that looks ace. Though I'm curious about what happened to number 1.... Lol

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lass

I want brownies now! I'm being lazy and watching tv in bed, leaving calli playing with her dad. Its nice to be a bit lazy from time to time

• FormerMember

Ok, so official brownie maker ......

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lass

I liked the look of number 2 best,

xx

• FormerMember

I think I’m getting the hang of this  

• FormerMember

Looks good.  I must get practising 

xx

• FormerMember

What I’ve learned today: I do not need to part with £30-£40 to buy an overpriced “chemo” hat/turban. I’m almost sure there are people out there adding the word “chemo” to their products and bumping up the price. I’m feeling quite cross, actually. A blog on looking good with chemo baldness on a budget may be coming on. All the cancer sites are directing women to the same overpriced options.