Spain...anyone else

• 47 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Diagnosed with cancer anyone else here from Spain. Anyone else considering returning to UK for treatment?

• So its not just me then lol! I bought some body lotion from a herbolaria before my op and that is lovely. I am going back to the same shop at the weekend to see about face creams she was very helpful. Has anyone got advice for a good mouthwash. People are saying biotine but my friend couldn't find it in the spar or farmacia. Hoepfully might find it at the weekend if it is available in spain. Take care x

• Hiya... I’ve found that herbolario shops are really expensive.  So I always buy on line... just type in the product name into google... lots of special offers on at the moment ... times are tough for everybody xxx

• Great link. Thank you both. Sorry not responded sooner. Hope you are both ok 

• Oooh fantastic thankyou! Yes I spent 77 euros but am really pleased with what I bought. My friend recommended an app called Yuka, you scan the barcodes on cosmetics and food and it tells you how healthy they are for your body. Its been really helpful. Have a fab day everyone x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Bibi4

Hola! just a quick heads up on the Biotine, I read yesterday, that Biotin can cause incorrect lab test results so I think you would need to stop taking any form of suppliments a couple of days before your blood tests. Stay safe everyone x

• Aaah ok thank you for letting me know x

• Hey! Sorry to hear of your condition you could do without that along with everything else. We went out of town today to one of the shopping malls. I went in a shop called Primor not sure if you have Heartt where you are? Ended up buying a natural mouthwash with no alcohol. They had an organic and natural section too which I will probably check out when my stuff finishes. I had 2 markers put in my breHeartst yesterday, really chuffed with myself as one lady said my spanish was good, I just need confidience using it more. Bone scan is on monday. Then second chemo the following week. Take care xxxx

• Best of luck with the scan. How are you coping with the chemo.  I’ve just finished my third, then a scan followed by five more.  

• Hi Zarasmum apart from feeling sick its been fine so far. Plus its a feel sick I can handle not like a hangover, I wake up and eat ryviita and it goes away. I felt a bit dizzy for a few days too. The surgeon was surprised when I said I hadnt actually been sick. Just a little concerned next time I will get more side effects. I have to do 4 every 3 weeks and then a weekly thing for 12 weeks. I have lots of questions for when I go in next as it was such a whirlwind when I was told didn't ask hardly anything. She did tell me I would lose my hair after 2nd treatment so on friday I am getting it all chopped off and donating it to the little princess trust rather than seeing it fall out in clumps and at least it will be put to good use. Not had short hair since I was 15 and I am 49 this year. How is the chemo going for you?