Spain...anyone else

• 47 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Diagnosed with cancer anyone else here from Spain. Anyone else considering returning to UK for treatment?

• Hi

I don't live in Spain but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies. A quick search in the group revealed that recently and have posted here and they are both in Spain. By 'tagging' them into my reply I'm hoping that they'll respond to your post. While you're waiting to see if they get in touch you could click on their usernames which will take you to their profiles.

I have also found this information for you on using the NHS when you return from living abroad. I hope it helps.

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi i too was diagnosed here in spain,and have found the health system fantastic my treatment began 17 months ago and carried on through the pandemic , originally found i had lung cancer by accident   no symptoms at all and was accepted into a clinical trial for immunotherapy which is going well ,  other than a daily steroid tablet i have a capsule for my stomach and thats it , .i have periodic tac scans and blood tests every 12 weeks 

• Hi ... I’m in Spain too... happy to chat.... 

• HI yes I am in the Canary Islands got diagnosed dec 11th I had my op on Monday for breast cancer.  Will be in treatment for a year they have told me.  Missing my mum not told many people, I have a supportive husband and the hospital and staff have been amazing.  Just struggling with after care more than anything.  Not sure what sort of food and drink I should avoid just want to eat as healthy as possible. So happy to chat and share stories.  Take care

• Hiya

I´m in the north of Spain just started chemo happy to chat and share xx

• Hi... aftercare doesn’t seem to be available here does it? I really struggled after my op for bowel cancer.  I found this forum so helpful... I was told oh you can eat anything... so really learned the hard way that wasn’t true.. a few accidents on the way, but I’m getting there... I try to eat healthy and keep fit, take a probiotic everyday... my sister had breast cancer three years ago and she gave up drinking, red meat and won’t touch anything with soya in it.... I don’t know what your situation is, but maybe ask the nurses on here? Take care x

• Sorry everyone for not. Replying earlier been busy with chemo!  Yes I can’t fault diagnosis and treatment it’s the getting in afterwards that’s lacking.  

• Hi  thanks for message I have given up drinking for sure. Not been taking priobotics will take a look. What have you been doing for your skin. Any recommendations for day and night cream? This support page is fab but I do struggle navigating it. Have a great day!

• I could do with some recommendations for skin care too... I’ve developed “piel como una cebolla” which means I bruise really badly to the slightest knock... really bad recently with an ulcer that’s become infected on my leg... I’m having it dressed every two days, it’s healing but really slowly.  I know what you mean about the navigation... I keep on having to log back in, not sure if that’s normal... and when I’m typing sometimes the whole message just disappears... Rolling eyes 

• Hiya... I was diagnosed and treated privately, and to be honest it’s been a bit challenging to say the least... there seems to be a very fine line between patients and customers here where I live.  I have spoken to several doctors who say it’s normal for the private sector...everyone’s looking for the best buck!