Just saying hello from Spain. Recently diagnosed with colon cancer

• 1 reply
  • 4 subscribers

Hi all

I’m 52. I have a colon tumour and advanced secondary tumours in the liver. Diagnosed 20 May. Had an emergency operation to insert a stent alongside colon blockage to get digestion working again and get me into chemo quickly.  Now in chemo treatment. Oxaliplatin and Capeticabine. First transfusion went fine, but the second one triggered an anaphylactic shock which obvs was very frightening.

So I’ve had alot to process in the last month. I am glad that there are forums like this to turn to where ppl are going through the same thing.

I am in Spain so it’s difficult to find local equivalents of Macmillan Support that are English-speaking. (Thank you internet!)

Anyway. Just to say hello. Look forward to participating in the group.

• Hello ... I’m in Spain too... it’s difficult isn’t it without the support... I was diagnosed in April 2018 , had a right hand hemi colectomy and very fortunate not to need chemotherapy.  I’ve had a few issues since, and recently pain and loose stools which my doctors say is ‘mechanical’ not organic as all scans and blood tests are ok... but it’s not been great, I’m seeing the gastrointestinal doctor tomorrow to see what he thinks.  I expect he’ll do a colonoscopy.  My oncologist said I don’t need one yet (due in November) but I need to know what’s causing these late onset symptoms.  The doctor said it might be diviculitis or adhesions..... which apparently don’t show up on scans.  It’s a learning curve that’s for sure.

Getting through this is hard, and I feel alone here, this forum has helped.  

if you need to talk I’m here.