I’ve been giving a MacMillan Nurse????

• 2 replies
  • 30 subscribers

I went to see my consultant yesterday at hospital for my Ct scan results, I have to have a pet-ct scan and if they think I need a biopsy on my growth on my left lung then I’ll have one . My consultant says they believe there’s a high risk of being cancer but there’s a chance of it not being cancer and my consultant introduced me to my MacMillan Nurse she’s lovely and so is my consultant. But I can’t understand why I’ve got a MacMillan nurse when I haven’t yet being diagnosed with lung cancer? I’m so confused about this do they know it’s cancer and just need it confirmed but doc never said that she just said 

“we believe there’s a high chance this is cancer but there’s also a small chance that this is not cancer” I just don’t know what to think I know what to expect I’ve had cancer twice before and beat it I just don’t know what to think and I keep saying to myself that “it’s ok because it’s not cancer until I know for certain it is cancer” but it’s not working why on earth am I thinking the worsted and my gut instinct tells me it is cancer and it’s back much stronger this time. Love Yvonne always xx

• Hi again , this is not that unusual.

You have been down this read before and you know that they won’t know anything until they have all the results and but you were told… “we believe there’s a high chance this is cancer but there’s also a small chance that this is not cancer” so they are taking the opportunity to introducing you to a contact person as ‘if’ you are diagnosed with cancer this will be your go to person…… 

It’s a hard time for you but as you have said “it’s not cancer until I know for certain it is cancer” although this phrase is very simple it is the basic truth.

I have no magic button to press that can help you you stop overthink this but ‘talking’ may help so why not call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides emotional support or just a listening ear.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Yvonne17 

See her as support for you if you have questions. 

I got mine after they actually knew I had cancer but when they said the words cancer my head went so many different ways and to have someone to ask questions to helped. 

Hope the next few days/weeks/ months are not too hard on you and always remember you can come in here and talk anytime. 

Peace