Mental wellbeing

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 28 subscribers

I am, day 80ish after stem cell transplant things are starting to return to normal, hairs growing back (in some places that's not wanted too like ears), fitness is slowly returning. We are confident that it has worked and the NHL Tcell has gone from previous scans but had to finish course of treatment to be doubly sure. I have been off work for about a year now due to the type of work I do and the low immune system through chemo.

Why then is my mental well being dropping, tear up at anything happy or sad? I have a hopeless feeling, struggle to get off the settee and do something, and fear going back to work. Over sensitivity is now affecting family life at home and friends. 

• Hi and welcome to the Community.

You are on a very unique journey, I am 4years 4 months post my second Allo Stem Cell Transplant so I do understand.

Could I suggest that you join our dedicated Stem Cell Transplant group  and put up a post as this mould be the best place to connect with others who have walked the walk.

You may want to put some information in your profile as this can help a lot. Click here to see how to add details as this helps everyone to see a little about you and how best to reply to you...... and you can my and the other group members by hitting out Community names.

I will look out for you.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge