Bullous pemphigoid

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 9 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Got to the bottom of my rash its bullous pemphigoid its spread everywhere it a condition which is in curable just wonderd  if anyone else has had this disease after having cancer and chemotherapy 

• Hi , not this skin condition but yes to various skin issues. Cancer and chemo can play havoc with the immune system and the biggest organ in the body (skin) can react.

Incurable but treatable?..... have you see a Consultant Dermatologist for their opinion? 

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Yes hes put me on myfenex had to stop because it was causing lots of bruising now they have put me on steroids for two months,when he told me I had the condition he just gave me a fact sheet and said that's what you have

• I think you do need to push for some other eyes to look at a way forward. It’s looks like it may calm down or go in 1-5 years!!!

Rituximab (A targeted (biological) therapy) could also be used if you have not had the life time dose.

Don’t accept that this is it - you do need to get a few opinions to make sure that all that is available is being done.

Having lived for 14 years with a presentation that was basically the same you need all that is available.

Did you actually see a Consultant Dermatologist?

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember

Incurable but the only way to keep it under control is taking high doses of steroids which makes you ballon

• Yes, Incurable but treatable from what I have seen in the short time I have looked at it...... steroids come on many forms - I was on steroids for my skin Lymphoma for many many years and lived ok...... are you using topical or oral steroids?

It is important that you don’t take this as life from now on - you do need to push some doors and look for other opinions as this brings a broader understanding how this can be treated.

I do feel for you Disappointed

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember

On both m8 it is getting me down that's for sure it was bad when I had it on my legs but now its spread it's all over my stomach and it's also all over the back of my head,when you can hide it it's not to bad but I have a shaved head so it looks awful 

• It is so hard when it is visible and you have to try and ‘live’ as best as you can.

Lets look for the steroids to take control of this for you and move things in a positive direction.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember

Do you know why it's so hard to get rid of

• Hi again, sorry I have no idea..... but you could put your question to our ‘Ask an Expert’ section where you can post questions to our mostly Volunteer Experts but please allow 2 working days to get a reply.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge