Feeling empty

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 28 subscribers

I know this is going to sound ridiculous but I miss the attention I got when I had cancer. I'm 2 years cancer free (ovarian) I still have scars and pain but as far as everyone is concerned I'm back to normal. Nobody says I'm brave any more, I'm treated the same as before and ...... I know I'm stupid and irrational but I can't help it. 

• Hi and welcome to this corner of the Community and I see it’s your first post.

What you are experiencing is rather normal for many people post treatment, it’s like your warm cozy safety blanket has been taken away....... and your friends and family will think that this is all over and they have moved on........ and you have!!

But unfortunately this is often not the case as this part of the cancer journey just takes longer than we would like. 

When I post this great paper, folks will actually come back to me and say that they think that the paper had been written just about them. The paper highlights the milestones of post treatment recovery. Have a look and see what you think.

I see you have joined our Ovarian cancer group - this is also a good place to talk with others who have walked the walk you are on.

Talking to people face to face can help a lot so check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area or a Maggie’s Centre as these folks are amazing.

You may want to put some information in your profile can help a lot Click here to see how to add details as this helps everyone to see a little about you.

We are around to walk this with you.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Thanks for your kind words of support. It helps Hugging